MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to know where site is hosted?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im not talking about normal who.is but this site is on dedicated server i suppose

mp3-codes.com

Thanks!
Their own dedicated server?
I suppose so.. but which dedi server service are they using? Smile
Can't see anything from a traceroute, but I did pick up http://fdchost.com/ which appear to be on the same servers, but that could also be a reseller. You can only really tell by asking them.

Is that site even legal?
If it's pirating mp3s it's most likely off shore which makes it a lot more expensive and a lot less known to your average web person.

But, you don't really have to worry to much with over selling or anything with Dedicated Servers as well your usually just paying for bandwidth (sure some goes for hardware but that is only changed out every few years). So just go with a well known host or look over WHT to find one.Toungue

Heck, they may even be doing collocation so the server is built by them it's just plugged in the host so it wouldn't matter anyway Toungue.
You could ask them?
Well it could either be a host or a VPS.
(2008-11-08, 01:46 AM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]Well it could either be a host or a VPS.

Umm and this helps how?