MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IP address logging help [resolved]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I go to check someone's IP address something weird is happening.

[Image: ipadress.jpg]

That IP address you see before you is that of my website, not the actual users. And is the only IP address that has been logged.

This is quite a problem in my opinion.

How do I fix it?
These users are normal user from different PCs o just some accounts you've register for tests?
Does you site is sitting on your own PC? I've just visit the IP, http://66.197.252.182/ , and received 404 page of www.110mb.com .

Could you please tell us more info?
(It'll be good for you to visit the link in my signature)
These are different computers.

And not test accounts.

That IP you see is the one that is of my website.
Link?? I'll sign up and see what it says.
(2008-11-07, 02:07 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Link?? I'll sign up and see what it says.

http://www.twewy-fan.com/forum

If you need to be an admin to fix the problem tell me, and I will let you be one temporarly.
Ok, is the IP address showing the same as all the others??
(2008-11-07, 04:30 AM)Xadrieth Wrote: [ -> ]When I go to check someone's IP address something weird is happening.

That IP address you see before you is that of my website, not the actual users. And is the only IP address that has been logged.

How do I fix it?

Are you using 110mb.com as your host? If so, it's due to their server setup. Either they're preventing you from logging IP addresses (because everybody's IP points to their server), or it is a load-balancer/proxy in their datacentre.
Sounds like proxy connection to me.
(2008-11-07, 05:22 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-07, 04:30 AM)Xadrieth Wrote: [ -> ]When I go to check someone's IP address something weird is happening.

How do I fix it?

Are you using 110mb.com as your host? If so, it's due to their server setup. Either they're preventing you from logging IP addresses (because everybody's IP points to their server), or it is a load-balancer/proxy in their datacentre.
That might be the problem. I'll ask them
Problem fixed.

I asked them and they said that on the 110mb.com servers if there is a www. in the URL it uses an internal proxy.

I just got rid of the www. for it and the issue is fine now.