MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to hide certain forums for certain members?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a forum system that I am installing for a beta testing of a game and we would like to hide the beta testers forums from people who do not have viewing permissions. This being said, I would like all forums to disapear if the user viewing the forums does not have permission to view them. Please help.
why don't you setup a new group for these testers....then create a new forum that is only visible to this group...quite simple now with the PR2 allowing memberships of multiple groups...I've set this up on some of my sites and it's working like a champ
Kimmo Wrote:why don't you setup a new group for these testers....then create a new forum that is only visible to this group...quite simple now with the PR2 allowing memberships of multiple groups...I've set this up on some of my sites and it's working like a champ
I tried, but for some odd reason, it isn't working. Everyone else can't read inside the forums, but they see that it exists.
lou_habs Wrote:
Kimmo Wrote:why don't you setup a new group for these testers....then create a new forum that is only visible to this group...quite simple now with the PR2 allowing memberships of multiple groups...I've set this up on some of my sites and it's working like a champ
I tried, but for some odd reason, it isn't working. Everyone else can't read inside the forums, but they see that it exists.

Can you tell me how your permissions are setup please. Remember you to edit each group so they can't see the forum if you don't want them to.
Admin CP -> Board settings -> Change -> Forum Home settings -> set "Hide private forums" to yes.

You diden't say which version you have off MyBB anyways.
And btw, set the forum Permission to nothing on the usergroup you don't wanna see it.
CraKteR Wrote:Admin CP -> Board settings -> Change -> Forum Home settings -> set "Hide private forums" to yes.

You diden't say which version you have off MyBB anyways.
And btw, set the forum Permission to nothing on the usergroup you don't wanna see it.
Pr2.

I did everything you said.
BUUUUUMMMMMPPP!

Please this is quite important. My forums are on hold and I have beta testers waiting for this.

-----------------Sorry for the double post ------------------------
Ok. So you've made a new usergroup, call beta testers and moved some people to it. Then you've made a new forum, unticked every permission except the rows you want (beta testers, admins etc), created the new forum. Then you went to the board and you could see it. But after you logged out or into another non allowed account, you could still see it? Am I correct?

If so, try updating the cache at Admin CP > Maintainence > Cache Manager > forumpermissions
I will try that...currently my whole hosting server is down so I cant try just yet....lol