MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpfreechat embedder for Mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So here it goesWink

I tried to make Ichibod's Plugin to work with the latest phpfreechat Version: Sorry!!! for some Reason there's NO CHANCE to make it work!

Anyhow i found finally a way to embed the phpfreechat. it's a simple plugin but working without any troubles.
The chat will be shown for registered users in the Toplink. You don't have the possibility to make chat custmization through plugin-settings. But i hope i can change that in the future.
Read install.txt
If you are using any other phpfreechat plugin make sure it's disabled!!!

download the latest version of phpfreechat and copy it to your root directory.
IMPORTANT: copy phpfreechat_popup.php to your chat_directory NOT your root directory.
In your chat directory ({phpfreechat-1.2} by default) delete the index.php file.
copy inc/plugins/phpfreechat_mybb.php to {your_forums_root_directory}/inc/plugins/
copy ./images/toplinks/chat_icon.gif to {your_forums_root_directory}/images/toplinks/

That was it.
B.r
RII

PS: Plugin submitted in Mybb Mods!!!
Looks good ... too bad i don't use phpfreechat now.
I made a Mybboard theme for the phpfreechat!
Hope you'll like it!

Installation:
unzip the MyBB theme into your {phpfreechat_directory}/themes
edit phpfreechat_popup.php and add:
$params["theme"] = "MyBB";
rehash your chat!
how to make the chat window pop up
i have implemented this plugin sucessfully but the chat window is not the pop up one
in the toplinks i have given a link to phpfreechat_popup.php
and when clicking on it the chat window opens in the same window
(2008-11-07, 12:34 PM)RII Wrote: [ -> ]So here it goesWink

I tried to make Ichibod's Plugin to work with the latest phpfreechat Version: Sorry!!! for some Reason there's NO CHANCE to make it work!

Anyhow i found finally a way to embed the phpfreechat. it's a simple plugin but working without any troubles.
The chat will be shown for registered users in the Toplink. You don't have the possibility to make chat custmization through plugin-settings. But i hope i can change that in the future.
Read install.txt
If you are using any other phpfreechat plugin make sure it's disabled!!!

download the latest version of phpfreechat and copy it to your root directory.
IMPORTANT: copy phpfreechat_popup.php to your chat_directory NOT your root directory.
In your chat directory ({phpfreechat-1.2} by default) delete the index.php file.
copy inc/plugins/phpfreechat_mybb.php to {your_forums_root_directory}/inc/plugins/
copy ./images/toplinks/chat_icon.gif to {your_forums_root_directory}/images/toplinks/

That was it.
B.r
RII

PS: Plugin submitted in Mybb Mods!!!

I can not install this plugin
Quote:download the latest version of phpfreechat and copy it to your root directory.
Please read the post thoroughly..!
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'D:\xampp\htdocs\r\chat/src/phpfreechat.class.php' (include_path='.;D:\xampp\php\pear\') in D:\xampp\htdocs\r\chat\phpfreechat_popup.php on line 4

I get error when click on Chat in toplink!!!