MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New install... index.php loads with blank screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IE 7, on windows xp pro sp3. My server is a freshly installed novell server running 6.5 sp7. I used the NetWare AMP (NetWare 6, Apache, MySQL, and PHP/Perl) installation for the server install, so everything I need should be running.

I copied all the files up to vol1:\website\ which is set as my default web directory in apache2. When i browse to http://servername/install it seems to load something... but i get a blank page... nothing else.

I can see that apache is running, mysql is running and so is PHP.

I do not know what to do from here.

Thanks in advance!

-Paul
I get these php errors when i turn on error logging in /install/index.php

[07-Nov-2008 11:37:53] PHP Warning: main() [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(vol1:/website/inc/class_core.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (.;sys:/tmp) in vol1:/website/install/index.php on line 22

[07-Nov-2008 11:37:53] PHP Warning: main(vol1:/website/inc/class_core.php) [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in vol1:/website/install/index.php on line 22

[07-Nov-2008 11:37:53] PHP Fatal error: main() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'vol1:/website/inc/class_core.php' (include_path='.;sys:/php5/includes') in vol1:/website/install/index.php on line 22
You'll need to reconfigure the php.ini open_basedir directive. See http://ca3.php.net/features.safe-mode

If you don't own the server, you should talk to your system administrator about it.
I own the server... Its sitting here on my desk. What do i change it to? I'm quite the n00b to this.
Can you find a file called php.ini on your system?
yes i know where it is
There should be an open_basedir line there, try adding .. to it

open_basedir=.;..;sys;/tmp

something maybe like that
BOOOOOOYA! Nice work man. That did it!

Thank you much!

-Paul
Now i'm at: Supported Translation Extensions NONE

GAH! everything else is in green and ready to go.
although it says :

Congratulations, you meet the requirements to run MyBB.

Click Next to continue with the installation process.

Am I ok to move forward even if i'm missing the Supported Translation Extensions?