MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: EJ8squad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have a look. Default theme FTW. All comments welcomed.

Community for the 96-00 Honda Civic Ex.
EJ8squad
Default theme FTL.
(2008-11-07, 09:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Default theme FTL.

Wow. Do you ever have anything constructive so say? Every time I see you've post, I notice you always fail to post anything beneficial.

Anyway, gimmezell the site is looking good. The banner seems fitting, and the place is active.

Nice Job Smile

You knew I was rocking the default theme before you clicked it.
(2008-11-07, 10:14 PM)bk2070 Wrote: [ -> ]

Wow. Do you ever have anything constructive so say? Every time I see you've post, I notice you always fail to post anything beneficial.

Well I would assume that considering my comment essentially means that I think using the default theme is a negative attribute, anyone with a pulse could interpret that as me saying the theme should be changed!

Also, not all legitimate criticism is constructive. Generally, I will post constructive criticism if the site has potential but is only lacking in a few areas. If someone makes yet another video game or general discussion board with 0 posts, an uncustomized theme and spelling errors abounds, I don't think constructive criticism is necessary in that case. The project should simply be abandoned.

In this case, the OP says "all comments welcomed". My post was assuredly a comment!

Also, to say I never post anything beneficial or constructive is simply a lie.

As I don't have any knowledge of the subject matter which this forum covers, all I can say is that the default theme makes the site look cheap and amateurish. Of course, the administrator has already decided that this is definitely "for the win", so my criticism will be unheeded anyway.

Satisfied?

EDIT: The overview at the top makes it take too long to scroll to the actual content.
I do welcome all comments, even yours. I agree with you about not having the overview at the top, but most members like it up top instead of at the bottom where I had it for awhile. As far as looking cheap and amateurish, I'm still learning.

Simply because I chose to type "FTW" you assume your comments will be ignored?
(2008-11-07, 11:22 PM)gimmezell Wrote: [ -> ]I do welcome all comments, even yours. I agree with you about not having the overview at the top, but most members like it up top instead of at the bottom where I had it for awhile. As far as looking cheap and amateurish, I'm still learning.

Simply because I chose to type "FTW" you assume your comments will be ignored?

haha no not really

saying FTL was just a play on what you had originally said

i just think using the default theme is a bit of a cop-out!
It's all good Brad. I like the look of the "Afresh" themes like the one you have. But, I don't look forward transferring all the changes I made to a different theme.
(2008-11-07, 11:35 PM)gimmezell Wrote: [ -> ]It's all good Brad. I like the look of the "Afresh" themes like the one you have. But, I don't look forward transferring all the changes I made to a different theme.

If you get a theme with no template changes, you can tell it to use the Default Templates, meaning your changes would show on it instantly Smile I have 6 themes, all use the same template set, so one edit affects them all Smile
Brad,

I took your advise and moved the Overview to the bottom. The site flows much better now.
Pages: 1 2