MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TS Special also known as TemplateShares and how its connected to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, i guess you would ask how this website is related to MyBB

It all started somewhere at the beginning of 2007 when xam, owner of the website released TS 3.1 with integrated forum(MyBB 1.2.x) okay
However he not only removed copyright and all but also stole some images as "thead_bg.gif" again no problem with that(or at least not that much) but since his TS 3.x he announced a new self-coded forum with go with the source. However that is a partial lie. Why? Because it is not self-coded but is actually MyBB with some stuff changed(some scripts remain there)+ the source is being sold at 70$
Of course he releases a new version always but most of the things he got from mybb/paypal and other websites.

I reported this a few times but nothing happened.

Xam has implemented some functions which allow him to drop all tables of his source if he needs to. Yes he sells his source but makes backdoors so he can control the trackers if he needs to. If his site is down all sites which use his script are also down. Because they are connected to TemplateShares site. So he can lock the control panel for an example or drop the db i he has to. Many people buy his source and give it for decoding as it is also encrypted with ioncube.

What i wanna say is that he needs to be stopped. Even tho MyBB is GNU GPL v3 he got mybb way before that so....
I believe we've contacted that site several times before on regards of copying portions of MyBB - As far as I know they've ignored our requests and continue to operate illegally.

If they're using MyBB source code still it is definately illegal as it must be redistributed under the GNU/GPL license. They were in violation of our old license as well.
As someone who proclaims himself a "pirate guru" and glorifies stealing and piracy of software at every opportunity given, doesn't complaining about this make you a giant hypocrite?

EDIT: Just to clarify, this absolutely sucks and is abhorrent.
(2008-11-08, 03:34 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]As someone who proclaims himself a "pirate guru" and glorifies stealing and piracy of software at every opportunity given, doesn't complaining about this make you a giant hypocrite?
Some may believe that stealing and making profit from stealing is a bigger crime than just stealing (in terms of software). I think the law agrees with that too.

However, dikidera should probably not be talking about those sorts of things in the public forums.
It looks a lot like MyBB. However, we can't go to conclusions without actual facts to back it up. Anyone have a copy of the source code? If they're using MyBB 1.2.x functions and or other code, a stop needs to be made. As Ryan said, if you guys already made several attempts, contact the customers and tell them about the problem. The customers will get angry and demand something from the company, the company will then be forced to change the source or shut down. Theirs always a threat email that can work. Do it indirectly though, it's the best option.
(2008-11-08, 03:39 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-08, 03:34 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]As someone who proclaims himself a "pirate guru" and glorifies stealing and piracy of software at every opportunity given, doesn't complaining about this make you a giant hypocrite?
Some may believe that stealing and making profit from stealing is a bigger crime than just stealing (in terms of software). I think the law agrees with that too.

I definitely agree. Especially in this case, stealing free software and reselling it is an absolutely disgusting thing to do, all laws aside.
(2008-11-08, 03:46 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]stealing free software and reselling it

That made me chuckle. Wink How does one steal something that's free? How does one resold something that isn't for sale? Toungue
Here is class template from the source
  class ts_template
  {
    function get_ts_template ($ts_templates_name = '')
    {
      $ts_templates = array ();
      $ts_templates_query = sql_query ('SELECT title, template FROM ts_templates WHERE name = ' . sqlesc ($ts_templates_name));
      while ($ts_templates_row = mysql_fetch_assoc ($ts_templates_query))
      {
        $ts_templates[$ts_templates_row['title']] = $ts_templates_row['template'];
      }

if (0 < count ($ts_templates))
      {
        return $ts_templates;
      }

}
  }

And class tracker_language
  class trackerlanguage
  {
    var $path = null;
    var $language = null;
    function set_path ($path)
    {
      $this->path = $path;
    }

function set_language ($language = 'english')
    {
      $language = str_replace (array ('/', '\\', '..'), '', trim ($language));
      if ($language == '')
      {
        $language = 'english';
      }

$this->language = $language;
    }

function load ($section)
    {
      global $rootpath;
      $lfile = $this->path . '/' . $this->language . '/' . $section . '.lang.php';
      if (file_exists ($lfile))
      {
        require_once $lfile;
      }
      else
      {
        define ('errorid', 3);
        include_once $rootpath . 'ts_error.php';
        exit ();
      }

if ((isset ($language) AND is_array ($language)))
      {
        foreach ($language as $key => $val)
        {
          if ((!isset ($this->$key) OR $this->$key != $val))
          {
            $val = preg_replace ('#\\{([0-9]+)\\}#', '' . '%$1$s', $val);
            $this->$key = $val;
            continue;
          }
        }
      }

}
  }

https://templateshares.net/scripts/prototype.lite.js
https://templateshares.net/scripts/editor.js
https://templateshares.net/scripts/general.js
We know about this package, and we will take the steps necessary to resolve any license issues. I don't find this is something we need to involve the public about, nor is there something the public can do about it.

Regards.