MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I moved my website to a new server. Akismet plugin no longer works.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried everything. I've uninstalled it and then reinstalled it. It simply no longer works. It was working perfectly before the move and now my forum is getting bombarded with 5-6 spam messages every hour. Any suggestions on what I might try? Thanks.
Ok, have you changed URLs?? I can't remember exactly how I set up Akismet but I'm sure that each registration code is linked to a specific URL, so if your URL has changed, you'll need to get a new code to make it work, as it currently wouldn't be active.
(2008-11-08, 08:51 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, have you changed URLs?? I can't remember exactly how I set up Akismet but I'm sure that each registration code is linked to a specific URL, so if your URL has changed, you'll need to get a new code to make it work, as it currently wouldn't be active.

Hello. No I didn't change URLs. I guess I could try with a new API key. I'll do that and see what happens.
Yes, please make sure your API key is valid and that you have CAPTCHA on registration.