MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ForumHost.cn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not to be rude, but I find it really worrying that you are hoping to run a successful forum hosting site yet don't know what staff are, what positions there can be etc... Sad

Nice site by the way Toungue Love the index page; the forums are a bit boring.

Lachlan
(2008-11-14, 02:43 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Do what?

Give them credit.

(2008-11-14, 02:43 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, but wouldn't it look more professional if you were to give credit to them in the forum?

Yeah, I could do that.

(2008-11-14, 02:43 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]May I also ask that if any of these themes/plug ins have problems after downloading/installing from your forum, are you gonna fix the problems?

Well, I've tried the plugins/themes before adding them, so I know that they work at the moment. If there's bugs or something breaks in the future, then I'll probably remove the plugin/theme.

Quote:Not to be rude, but I find it really worrying that you are hoping to run a successful forum hosting site yet don't know what staff are

I know the definition of staff. There's no set format for staff in... anything. I could follow the crowd and have the same staff as other forum hosts, or I could make up my own staff ranks/responsibilities.

There's no reason to find it worrying, the site isn't growing at an awesome pace, so I'll learn more as it grows.

What I was actually wondering was what do staff do that are specific to running a forum hosting site. I know all about moderators, global moderators, admins, etc. I've used all kinds of forum software for a very long time.
Quote:What I was actually wondering was what do staff do that are specific to running a forum hosting site. I know all about moderators, global moderators, admins, etc. I've used all kinds of forum software for a very long time.

Well, from experience I can say that for a forum hosting site there are two types of staff, those who have server access and those who don't. The staff who don't have server access, at least in my experience, help with common user problems, etc but can't really do much as far as specific bugs or software issues, things that require server access. These staff should have a general knowledge of forum software but don't need to know about web servers necessarily. They should be able to answer most of the "How Do I" type questions that your users have about the forum software. Then the staff who have server access are typically more knowledgeable and can look at a problem and know instantly where it is at and how to fix it. These staff members should also know how to use a web server as well as upload files via FTP and solve database issues manually using PHPMyAdmin. These staff members or the site admin are the ones responsible for dealing with bugs, upgrades, theme and plugin installations, database issues and anything else out of the scope of the other support staff.

I hope this helps a bit. Nice site. Smile

BMR777
Pages: 1 2