MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: hmm..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm just wondering, but why did MyBB's designers/developers use Smarty instead of like making this one big system?
didn't or did? Quite a confusing post you have there.
I think he means why did the mybb developers make their own theme system rather than using smarty.
smarty is too bloated for MyBB.
No, not what I meant at all _Tim. I meant, why did MyBB use Smarty for their main website, instead of just using the current template system for MyBB.
(2008-11-09, 02:35 AM)t0m Wrote: [ -> ]No, not what I meant at all _Tim. I meant, why did MyBB use Smarty for their main website, instead of just using the current template system for MyBB.

Because the main website is Chris's own CMS.

MyBB's Template system was built to cater to the forum, not a full fledged website and the amount of dynamic and static content it provides.
Oh, ic. I take it he has no plans of releasing it?
Nope.
Didn't think so. Do you know of any forum systems that you can get a hosting module for - like users can upload files to a specified directory and manage them, and admins can delete/edit their files, too?
(2008-11-09, 03:20 AM)t0m Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, ic. I take it he has no plans of releasing it?

Maybe if you ask him nicely and provide some money to go along with it Toungue
Pages: 1 2