MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [D] After Merge to 1.4.3 Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't know whether to post here or in Merge System Support, and I did a brief search beforehand.

Quote:VFK Board
You have entered an invalid username or password combination.

If you have forgotten your password please retrieve a new one.
You have {1} more login attempts.
When my users try to reset their passwords to their account, it sends the email and everything, but says that the password is still wrong and if they need to retrieve a new one, which is just what they did which ended them up in the same situation. Sleepy Also, I can login to the Administrator Control Panel successfully with the password I reset to the account I created when I installed MyBB 1.2.14 originally, but not on the index of the board since it says mine is wrong too. member.php turns blank if someone tries to login after trying to post a reply. My url is http://vfkboard.com/mybb/ I converted from phpBB3, to which I had converted SMF to which I had to convert AEF.
Any solutions the passwords system or a password fix or anything I should do? Blush I would appreciate any insight with this issue.
Try searching the Merge System forums a little bit more - I'm sure there's something in there about the need of having the loginconvert plugin always on. I'm not 100% sure though, as I've never used this system before...

Did 1.2.14 work for you though? As in, you were able to login to the index? It could be worthwhile reverting to that backup and testing the upgrade on a copied directory.

Last thing on my mind - how did you upgrade? 1.2.14 to 1.4.3?...

Edit: That login box - are you using the default skin/theme for MyBB?
Wow, I think I may have just fixed it. I just had to disabled the loginconvert plugin, which was probably trying to convert phpBB's passwords and was messing up the randomly generated passwords.

Thank you so much for your post. You helped me figure out what MyBB must have been doing to the system and allowed me to fix it quickly and easily. Smile
From everything I've read, the plugin should stay active.
Dennis identified a problem with phpBB 3 and the loginconvert plugin which will be resolved for the next snapshot.
OK, thanks for the information, and thanks Matt for the input. Smile
(2008-11-10, 07:58 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Dennis identified a problem with phpBB 3 and the loginconvert plugin which will be resolved for the next snapshot.

Just for clarification, once you've performed the merge do you leave the loginconvert plugin active or not?
(2008-11-23, 11:02 AM)dantreacy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-10, 07:58 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Dennis identified a problem with phpBB 3 and the loginconvert plugin which will be resolved for the next snapshot.

Just for clarification, once you've performed the merge do you leave the loginconvert plugin active or not?

You leave it active. If it was a one time thing, we wouldn't need it to be a plugin.