MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hypocrisy -
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, some people can't stand a hypocrite.

The whole "You do it, but you tell others its bad if they do it".

Then again, through this could some one not be trying to warn you?

For example:
If I was a hooker, or a strippers and told others it would be bad for them to do it, and named a few good points on why it would be bad for them (Ex:It could ruin their rep if they did it), would I be the same?
Example
Quote:Clair:No! You shouldn't! If you strip or hook, it could ruin your reputation!
Clair:Not to mention, if your family found out....Would you all be able to look at each other the same way?
Or if I told them not to do it, without giving reason, or good reason, then what would that make me?

Altho this isn't about hooking or stripping. (my mind is in teh gutter, but yeah. The thread is meant to be about hypocrisy).
Your example would make it (in my opinion) advice from someone with knowledge.
Okay, but let's say....

If ihave a friend in town, and I really, really, really like and want Chinese food. (And I do! Toungue). So I invite them over as a guest. I tell them they can choose what we have for dinner tonight.

Would it be a hypocrite of me to say "But not chinese, i'll feel like a jerk if you got it. After all, as the guest. I want you to choose what you want".

Well?
I would suggest looking up what hypocrisy is. It will answer your question for you. Smile
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hypocrisy
(2008-11-09, 10:11 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I would suggest looking up what hypocrisy is. It will answer your question for you. Smile
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hypocrisy

Wah, am I so easily read?
*Cringes*
Wait, you mean like the whole cramming bibles down peoples throats kinda thing?

Then what is when you think its good if you do something, but you tell others its bad if they do it?

I am so confused! And tired!
Actually in the link I posted the first set of definitions isn't that good. If you look at the 2nd set they are much better and straight forward IMO.
(2008-11-09, 10:10 AM)Clair Wrote: [ -> ]If ihave a friend in town, and I really, really, really like and want Chinese food. (And I do! Toungue). So I invite them over as a guest. I tell them they can choose what we have for dinner tonight.

Would it be a hypocrite of me to say "But not chinese, i'll feel like a jerk if you got it. After all, as the guest. I want you to choose what you want".
No, I think that would be the polite thing to do..
Heh.
(2008-11-09, 10:10 AM)Clair Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, but let's say....

If ihave a friend in town, and I really, really, really like and want Chinese food. (And I do! Toungue). So I invite them over as a guest. I tell them they can choose what we have for dinner tonight.

Well?

how is this hypocrisy
(2008-11-09, 03:51 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]how is this hypocrisy

... because you're telling them not to get it, when in fact, you really, really want it?...
(2008-11-09, 03:57 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-09, 03:51 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]how is this hypocrisy

... because you're telling them not to get it, when in fact, you really, really want it?...

this is not what hypocrisy is

hypocrisy is priests having sex with young boys

hypocrisy is telling people not to smoke as you light up a cigarette

hypocrisy is, in a nutshell, doing differently (usually the opposite) from what you preach
Pages: 1 2