MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A few questions abot user profile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi (again),

* about changing the posts/threads view to classic (after doing this in ACP):
1) how do I show not just the customized fields data, but also there name (Sex: Man) - adding {$postbit['fid1']} shows only the data (Man)
2) Is there a way to set a link in the shown profile to a get more information about the user (his/her computer type, ICQ ... - some from the default profile fields and some/all are the custom fields)

* about changing UserCP:
1) can I hide the "Hide me from the active users" from the user in the sign-in form but keep it so administrators can change it if they want (the default for users should be 'don't')
2) can I assign a default value to a custom field like Country? most (if not all) of my users will come from Israel. Please note, that "Israel" is not the first country in the 'Select Box' values.
3) Can I assign a default value to a custom field of type 'Textbox'?
4) Is there a way to create/show two(2) or more boxes showing custom fields - I want my users to provide information about themselves, about there hardware and the softwares installed on there computer. As you can see, this are three(3) different types of information.

Thanks,
Ori...
1. Just type in the text that you want to display before {$postbit['fidX']} and it should come out right.
2. I am not sure what you mean, but if you're talking about hiding and showing fields when you click a certain link, then no, that's not possible without a modification/plugin.

1. You can either remove it from everyone, or from nobody. There is no option for hiding it from normal members only.
2+3. I'm not sure.

I hope that helps.
1. I know I can do this, but I hoped there is a better way.
2. the idea is to have a link at the bottom of the user's shown information that either a new page is open with the information I want the users to see (as I mentioned - I want the users to show there computer information)

Ori...
1. It's not a big thing you just put Sex: {$postbit['fidX']}, I don't see much wrong with doing that... that's easier than having a variable to be honest.
ok, I'll explain my problem:
1) do to the fact that Hebrew is a RTL language, I had to do many changes to the theme I use and to the custom fiels themselves.
2) Because of number '1' and that I do want my users to be able to view the forum in English (a LTR language), I will create two(2) different versions of the MyBB forum - one RTL (http://x.y.z/forum/he/index.php) and the other LTR (http://x.y.z/forum/en/index.php). the idea is that when a user switches language he (or she) actually "jump" to a different forum (they will be synced). (This will be done in, about, March, next year).
3) Do to number '2', I want the templates to be transferable as easy as I can and using plain text will make me do the corrections by hand.

Ori...
(2008-11-09, 09:56 AM)okitai Wrote: [ -> ]1) can I hide the "Hide me from the active users" from the user in the sign-in form but keep it so administrators can change it if they want (the default for users should be 'don't')

Have you tried moving this set of coding into the Mod/Admin template of the UserCP? That way, it will be seen only these...

(2008-11-09, 09:56 AM)okitai Wrote: [ -> ]2) can I assign a default value to a custom field like Country? most (if not all) of my users will come from Israel. Please note, that "Israel" is not the first country in the 'Select Box' values.
3) Can I assign a default value to a custom field of type 'Textbox'?

Doesn't sound very likely. To achieve this, it will more than likely need to be hard-coded into your templates. To #4 - doesn't creating more custom fields not accomplish this?
(2008-11-09, 03:40 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-09, 09:56 AM)okitai Wrote: [ -> ]1) can I hide the "Hide me from the active users" from the user in the sign-in form but keep it so administrators can change it if they want (the default for users should be 'don't')

Have you tried moving this set of coding into the Mod/Admin template of the UserCP? That way, it will be seen only these...

That sounds like a good idea.
(2008-11-09, 03:40 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried moving this set of coding into the Mod/Admin template of the UserCP? That way, it will be seen only these...

I never thought of this. can you direct me as what exactly should I do? As I explained, I want this to be hidden to users (sign-in and UserCP) but still have a default value of "false". And I do want the Administrator to be able to changed it (and thus see it).

(2008-11-09, 03:40 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]To #4 - doesn't creating more custom fields not accomplish this?

actualy, no, it doesn't (at least in my case). Even now the amount of information I ask at the profile is huge. The way the user sees it is on a single, very long, box.

Thanks a lot,
Ori...
Hello...
Tom.M (or anyone that understand what should I do) - Can you explain what steps to do?
can anyone think of answers to my questions?

Thanks,
Ori...
Admins can easily change the invisible setting for users in the Admin CP when you edit the user (it's in the Account Settings) tab.
Pages: 1 2