MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Additional Group Deletion [C-Chris]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It appears if you delete a group it doesn't get removed from a users additionalgroups column in database.
Oh and it appears that the group is still in the promotion system too.
Additional side-effect problem...

Since it's not deleted from additionalgroups I noticed that the usergroup cache isn't rebuilt..so any permissions still would exists in the forums.
I don't think we can properly remove it easily from the promotions - I've added the usergroups/forum perms cach rebuilding and removing it from additional groups, but that's all.
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group
Will the promotion still occur then if it's not deleted? Is there a check to make sure the usergroup actually exists before it promotes?
Well now that it is removed from additionalgroups, usergroup, and displaygroup then any SQL query executed against the user database won't return a result set for that deleted usergroup