MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install/Database name?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Database Name
This is the name of the database that you would like MyBB to install to.

Im trying to install MyBB I am at install page and am at database configuration page and dont know what to put in this blank...
What is the name of the database you created??
(2008-11-09, 09:06 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]What is the name of the database you created??

This prob sounds dumb, Im newb to this... Im not sure what the "database" is I use filezilla and I uploaded all MyBB files to public_html wich is all good as of now... So im at install and just dont know what the database is...

Where would I have created this database? Is it the acual website? Cause I tried that and still didnt work.

Or is it some sub or...
Hmm, Well, Depends what your host gave you, cPanel, DirectAdmin, Vista Panel or something like that... Whichever, Click on something that's around the lines of "MySQL Databases" Then, you just create a database, and a user name, password for the username, then you add the user name to the databases or whatever the correct term is, and you fill in those blanks from the intallation with that. >_>
If you want, PM me your server log in details and I'll set it up for you Smile
Forums successfully installed Smile