MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: You don't have permission to access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got the dreaded "You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server" when I try to change anything in admin CP.

Now I've just installed the latest version which I downloaded earlier today.

Before that I didn't have this problem - older version I started using in July worked OK. And I'm using exactly the same host/server.

What could be different about the latest version of MyBB to cause this problem? If I go back to the older version everything is OK.
It's not MyBB, you host has mod_security enabled, and MyBB and mod_security don't like eachother. Ask your host to whitelist/disable mod_security on your account and you'll be fine Smile
[Wiki: Help:mod_security] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Thanks very much. I had been thinking that it wasn't mod_security because version 1.2.14 works perfectly and it's only 1.4.3 that gives me the problem. Anyway I have contacted the host and asked them about the mod_security.
mod_security responds to different keywords, and obviously there are certain variable names which are different in MyBB 1.4 compared to MyBB 1.2.
OK thanks Matt and DennisT T.

The host whitelisted the domain and so the problem is solved.
Good to hear Smile