MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error Attaching File
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good evening.

I am having some problems with the attachments for my MyBB. No matter what file type I choose, and no matter what user and what permissions are set, I still get the same error message:

Quote:Error Attaching File
The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: The attachment could not be found on the server.

About a week ago when I started playing with the software, I was able to attach a file without any problems, but that is no more.

I should think that I have somehow flipped some option somewhere, but after spending a long time running through every setting on the list, disabling every plugin, and double-checking the permissions for the groups and the users, I still can't find that damned option... which probably means I've overlooked it about half a dozen times Big Grin I've even removed all the attachment file types and added them again, but still no go.

Using version 1.4.3 (1403)

Any thoughts and help would be most welcome.
Make sure the uploads folder and the folders within it are CHMOD 777
Dennis my man, you are a genious. It just had to be something that simple. I had checked the uploads dir permissions, but not the subfolders. Big Grin

There's a folder called 200811 in there now that wasn't before, and it was only 755 and not 777.

Thank you! Big Grin