MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Management Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Firstly sorry for bad English.

When i'we entered to admin cp/forum managment to erase some forums from my website, I've got this problem:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function subforums_count() in /var/www/web349/html/admin/modules/forum/management.php on line 2153

On line 2153 this code:
if(subforums_count($forums_by_parent[$pid]) > $donecount)

How can i solve this problem? Waiting for your help.. (I've changed the file but it didn't change anything)

My version is 1.4.3 (UTF)
The subforums_count() function should be defined in inc/functions.php line 5330 function subforums_count($array)

Is inc/functions.php or admin/modules/forum/management.php missing / modified / damaged on your server? You could try reuploading the inc and admin folders.
(2008-11-10, 04:37 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]You could try reuploading the inc and admin folders.

If you do that make sure you don't overwrite config.php or settings.php, and save any backups in the backup folder.
(2008-11-10, 04:40 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]If you do that make sure you don't overwrite config.php or settings.php, and save any backups in the backup folder.

Thanks for pointing that out. I thought it was safe as the MyBB ZIP archive does not contain a config.php - it's called config.default.php and has to renamed config.php manually on the server if you need it.

However there IS a settings.php in the original ZIP file. Sad That's dangerous... so I have to be extra careful when updating. Dodgy
Yeah I guess you can't really overwrite config.php and if you delete settings.php a new one is created anyway, but it's just good practice I guess.

KEMO, what was the last thing you did before this happened??
(2008-11-10, 04:46 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]However there IS a settings.php in the original ZIP file. Sad That's dangerous... so I have to be extra careful when updating. Dodgy

Not really... settings.php is automatically regenerated from the database if it doesn't exist. (See line 150 of ./inc/init.php).

Edit: Matt beat me to it Toungue

Kemo - I think you've managed somehow to miss out the 1.4.3 functions.php upgrade. If replacing the file doesn't work, I suggest you back to a backup of your forum when it was working, and if needed, redo the upgrade.
Thanks.. The problem was on inc/functions.php. I was using hide hack. I've updated it and everything is OK Smile

The problem solved. Please lock.