MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Let forum visible but not accessible by guests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,
may peace be on you.
Sorry for asking a n00b question but i really don't know how to do it.
How can i make a forum visible to guests but they won't be able to read it. I will use it for my staff section
Thanks
Best regards from me
Nayar
If it's a staff forum, surely it's better to make them not know it exists at all??

Just go ACP > Forums & Posts > **choose forum** > Options > Permissions. Untick everything for guests and they won't even know it exists.
yeah, i know this one but i want them to see it but not access it. Want to make them feel jealous Big Grin

Is it possible?
Well, is this forum in it's own category or in a category with other forums??
It is in the staff category in which i created a staff forum. Is this what you asked?
Yep... ok, if you make the forum completely invisible to them, but let them view the category, they should see an empty category.
Yes, i was using this method till now. I think what i am asking is not possible on this version of myBB.
Seems like i'll have to post in the suggestion forum

Thanks a lot Matt_
It is possible...

Make sure that in the permissions, the guests, or whichever group you want to "hide" your forum for. Then, for these groups, you need to set custom permissions. In the permissions table, click on "Set Permissions".

In this screen, select "Use custom permissions (below)", and untick/tick "Can view threads within forum?".
Actually the correct setting is in the Admin CP --> Configuration --> Forum Home Options --> Hide Private Forums (set this to No).
Thanks a lot DennisTT, Matt_, Tom.m.

I finally got what i wantedSmile