MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [NAB] Installer - Create Administrator Account [Email Address] [R]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When at the "Create Administrator Account" stage of the installer, the installer doesn't check to ensure the field "Email Address:" is formatted correctly. Therefore it is possible to enter an invalid e-mail address.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Go through the installer until you reach the "Create Administrator Account" stage
2. Fill in the field until you get to the "Email Address:" field
3. Enter something like test@test as the email address
4. Click Next, the installer allows you to continue without error

This can cause problems in the admin cp, because if you are editing the administrator account and the e-mail address is invalid, it will ask you to fix it so that it is valid.

Version: MyBB 1.4.3
You can even enter just 'email' and it'll work.
In a sense, I disagree.

On some setups, especially here at work, I need to use admin@server as our email address. Then there is admin@localhost, gopher@server2...

Although I'm guessing I'm in a minority... Undecided
(2008-11-11, 10:54 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]In a sense, I disagree.

On some setups, especially here at work, I need to use admin@server as our email address. Then there is admin@localhost, gopher@server2...

Although I'm guessing I'm in a minority... Undecided

Yes, that's why there isn't that limitation. I use admin@localhost on my dev setups.
I'm marking this as Not A Bug because this was intentionally done for the reasons Tom.M specified.