MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin help!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, i've just installed the 'Modnotice' plugin by Garlant. I installed everything how the readme said to, and then when i activated the plugin, and tried to moderate one of the posts i got the following:

[Image: 1226356969.tiff]

And it's not just this plugin it does it with, it does it with MyMood and several others... any help?

Thanks !
Screenshot doesn't work.
i can see it? well for those who can't it comes up with:

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 99782 is not allowed to access ./global.php owned by uid 75716 in /www/vndv.com/s/f/e/sfeo/htdocs/mybb_1403/Upload/modnotice.php on line 16

Warning: require_once(./global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/vndv.com/s/f/e/sfeo/htdocs/mybb_1403/Upload/modnotice.php on line 16

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /www/vndv.com/s/f/e/sfeo/htdocs/mybb_1403/Upload/modnotice.php on line 16
Are you sure all the files are in the right place??

And on a side note, it isn't recommended to leave your files in /Upload/, or /mybb_1403/Upload/ for that matter.
yeah i know... but i didn't know that when i first uploaded it, and i tried taking it all out and the whole forum just broke... so i left it like that.. and i'm pretty sure everything's in the right place.
As long as you change the board URL and cookie settings you can move the files no problem.

Try reuploading all the plugin files again.
Done it 3 times.. came up with the same problem... and as for changing the board url... would you mind helping?... as in step by step or a link to the wiki? because i have no idea what to do i'm a n00b after all Smile...
Ok, go to ACP > Configuration > General Configuration. Change your board URL to the new location, and update your cookie domain and path, and save it - this will break your forum for a bit. Then, move your files to the location specified in those settings, and everything should realign itself.

If you're unsure on doing it, PM me FTP and admin details. I can't do it now, it's getting late here, but I'll be happy to do it for you tomorrow Smile I can also take a look at the plugin for you whilst I'm there.
Everything should be sorted Smile