MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: why are so few plugin's link work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
This question is not exactly belong to this forum, but it is about it, so I placed it here.
I noticed that a lot of links to plugins don't work. Either I'm getting a 404 from this site, or just an error message that the file is no longer hosted.
Can someone tell me way is that? Sadly, 1) I cannot pay for MybbCentral as I don't have an International creditcard (and I'll never have one), 2) MybbSource will not let me post messages, so I cannot reach it minimum of 5.

Please tell me why,
Ori...
Can you point us to the links that don't work?

We can't be held responsible for third-party MyBB sites. But I do believe that labrocca (MyBBCentral administrator) can negotiate with you so that you can access the plugins. Don't hold me to that word though.
All the plugins I think/mean should be located on this site.
For example CraKteR's plugin list - I tried no. 1, 10, 12, 14 (probably more, but I cannot remember them).
The problem is typical to a mod/plugin list made by the creator.

Ori...
It's a bit tricky, but I've got a list of all his plugins submitted to the MyBB Mods site.
http://mods.mybboard.net/profile/1959/downloads

What I did was click on a link to a user's profile via the MyBB Mods site, then found Crackter's User ID number off these forums and replaced the User ID in the profile I visited off the MyBB Mods site with Crackter's User ID.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance, assuming that I've been of any thus far. Toungue
Thanks for that. But (there always is one), When I look in his post CraKteR claims to have updated his plugins. Looking at the link you provided, they all look old (MyBB version - 1.2, not 1.4).
He updated them to 1.2 Smile It's old announcement Big Grin
Sorry, but not according to what he says at the start of the thread:
Quote:Most of my plugins are now updated to 1.4

and, b.t.w, my question was not just to his post. There are couple more posts of mods/plugins that people here did and most of them do not work (there links, not the mods/plugins). It can be that they are old (for MyBB ver. <1.2), but that means that the amount of work being done to update plugins/mods is decreasing. Isn't it?
I love this software (for no better description for it) and I trying to help the supporters here, in Israel (in answers on the local MyBB forum and some translations to Hebrew). Now you'll understand my point of view.

Ori...
Umm CraKteR plugins HAVE been updated. I know this because i am using a few of them. You have to search thru that thread. around pg 40 on up is where he began doing the updates.

HOPEFULLY someone can just either remove the links o the old ones on page one of his thread or move all the updated ones to there. I see this topic constantly coming up with his plugins. Smile
(2008-11-11, 09:12 AM)okitai Wrote: [ -> ]2) MybbSource will not let me post messages, so I cannot reach it minimum of 5.

Why can't you post? Do you receive an error?
(2008-11-11, 12:54 PM)okitai Wrote: [ -> ]There are couple more posts of mods/plugins that people here did and most of them do not work (there links, not the mods/plugins).
If the authors gave out the links before the Mods site was updated, then the links do not work anymore.
The plugins/mods/themes may well still exist and work, you'll just have to search a little harder.

Some of the authors of articles may have moved on from MyBB or programming, some of the plugins may seem useless or not in high demand, hence not updated.