MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Useage of Reputationsystem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

a closer look to the reputationsystem reveals, that this is the perfect assassmentsystem for tradingforums.

Is it posible to limit the reputationsystem to only special forums? Reputations should also be linked to threads.

Would be very gladly, if anyone could tell me how to solve it.

Kind regards,
Benny
(2008-11-11, 12:45 PM)VargTimmen Wrote: [ -> ]Is it posible to limit the reputation system to only special forums?

Reputations should also be linked to threads.

Why should reputations be linked to threads? That's a lot of work to do - especially when Thread Ratings cover this area.

It isn't possible to limit the reputation system to specific forums. It is possible to add multiple reputations or to add a "Thank You" function. You can always ask for a plugin to be made for it though.
How exactly would it be linked to threads?? The point of the reputation system is that you give rep to users. It isn't linked to forums or posts, it's a rating given to the user.
(2008-11-11, 02:25 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]How exactly would it be linked to threads?? The point of the reputation system is that you give rep to users. It isn't linked to forums or posts, it's a rating given to the user.

I quite like the idea actually, I can find uses of it in some past things I've done. Although I think there's better ajax alternatives than causing an entire change of function in the reputation system.

Basically, it's like rating how good the information was that the user posted on a user-based level... but like I said, that's what the Thread Rating is for...