MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users showing up with multiple times
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having an issue with my users showing up mulitple times. Once as their account and once as a guest.

I have just put the primary account usergroup of two members to Administrator. We only have 3 admins and there are showing 5 members, where as before it was correctly displaying 3.

This multiple users is causing major issues in my message boards.

I have manually cleared the session table and that does not seem to fix this issue.

I have recounted and rebuilt everything.

We did merge from phpbb3 to mybb 1.2 then upgraded to 1.4. I don't know where the issue lies but this is causing me headaches any help would be greatly appreciated.
(2008-11-11, 04:59 PM)Matalina Wrote: [ -> ]I am having an issue with my users showing up mulitple times. Once as their account and once as a guest.

Printscreen of exactly where this happens??

(2008-11-11, 04:59 PM)Matalina Wrote: [ -> ]This multiple users is causing major issues in my message boards.

Can you be a bit more specific as to what these problems are?? Rolleyes Not much anyone can do if we don't know what the problems are Smile
These issues aren't with the functionality of the message board. They are messing with problems related to a script I've written that's tying into the message boards. But it is causing me headaches none-the-less.

The problem has already been stated. My users are logging in as multiple people, the guest account thusly overriding their logged in account which when I check to see if a user is logged in it shows them as not being logged in.

Printscreens to follow:

This is the usergroup area: See the circled 4 for Admins
[attachment=11646]
This is the group list: Note only 3 people showing up.
[attachment=11647]

This is happening on multiple accounts and causing issues with checking to see if a user is logged in or not.
Check people's additional usergroups. The user count for the groups takes into account additional usergroups.
So basically you are saying that if the primary user group is Admins and they also have Admins selected in their additional usergroups it will count double?

That explains that phenomenon then. Hopefully the deleting of session cookies corrected the multiple logins. I've yet to hear from anyone yet to see if they are still having issues. The accounts I have tested seem to be fine.
It will indeed. This drove me crazy once, I had a user showing in the supermod group on the groups page but I had no supermods, seemed very weird.