MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post buttons issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okayz, i noticed this recently;

There are 2 report buttons under the posts
[Image: userreport.jpg]

The left Report button, while floating over it says: "Report this post to a moderator", and the right says "Warn the author for this post"

Now, while writing this thread, i figured that it shows the same button twice cause the "Warn" button is missing in the theme.

Second, under my own posts
[Image: selfreport.jpg]

According to this, u can report your self, which totally has no sense, how can i remove this?

link; http://dark-angels.net46.net/forum/index.php
Is your postbit template default?? It isn't like that by default. It wouldn't show the report button again if there wasn't a warn image, it'd show a broken image. Either that or the image that came with the theme for the warn button is the same as the report button.

And who would report their own posts?? Huh The button being there has it's uses, for example, it's used here when someone makes a tutorial - we're instructed to report our own post to let a staff member know it has to be moved. But nobody would actually use it to report their post for rule breaking or anything... so I guess it's there to make your post noticed by staff for whatever reason.
oh...now it makes sense :p

and the template is default......i'll check if the warn and report image are the same or not
It would make sense if they are the same - if the person who created the buttons couldn't create a warn one, I guess they'd prefer to have the same button for warning rather than a broken image, or having to use the blue button instead.
Yep, its the exact same image, just the name is different (postbit_warn / postbit_report)
This is a problem with the theme you're using. As you can see MyBB comes with different buttons for each image, in the blue colour Toungue