MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Log in panel missing on forums after move.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I moved 4 forums for various sites & after the move the login panel is missing from the top of all forums even when using the default mybb theme.
All files are chmod properly & themes are showing properly. I dont know why this would happen.
There are no global templates either. They seem to have dissappeared.

I checked the template header_welcomeblock_member for any suspicious looking revisions & it looks like this.

<span style="float:right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span>
{$lang->welcome_back} (<a href="{$mybb-?phpMyAdmin=4638ce8e6c55022a51efc3f170a86b87>settings['bburl']}/usercp.php"><strong>{$lang->welcome_usercp}</strong></a>{$admincplink}href="{$mybb-?phpMyAdmin=4638ce8e6c55022a51efc3f170a86b87>settings['bburl']}/usercp.php"><strong>{$lang->welcome_usercp}</strong></a>{$modcplink}{$admincplink} &mdash; <a href="{$mybb-?phpMyAdmin=4638ce8e6c55022a51efc3f170a86b87>settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;uid={$mybb->user['uid']}&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a>)<br>[/color]href="{$mybb-?phpMyAdmin=4638ce8e6c55022a51efc3f170a86b87>settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a>)<br />
<span class="links">
<a href="#" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=buddypopup', 'buddyList', 170, 300);">{$lang->welcome_open_buddy_list}</a>350, 350);">{$lang->welcome_open_buddy_list}</a>
</span>
<a href="{$mybb-?phpMyAdmin=4638ce8e6c55022a51efc3f170a86b87>settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getnew">{$lang->welcome_newposts}</a> | <a href="{$mybb-?phpMyAdmin=4638ce8e6c55022a51efc3f170a86b87>settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getdaily">{$lang->welcome_todaysposts}</a> | <a href="{$mybb-?phpMyAdmin=4638ce8e6c55022a51efc3f170a86b87>settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a> {$lang->welcome_pms_usage}

I really need to find the cause & solution to this as I have customers wanting their forums up.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Is there any way you can revert these templates back to their originals? That template doesn't look right in the slightest...

I've attached the templates as text files below... try and match them up...

Also, you can re-install the default theme by uploading the original xml files if I remember right...
(2008-11-12, 09:21 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Also, you can re-install the default theme by uploading the original xml files if I remember right...

You can indeed. But that'll probably overwrite any other changes.
Yes, Ive reverted back to original, it makes no difference, also global templates are completely missing, on all 4 forums I move.
I find it hard to believe that this is a problem with my db back up because I moved 1.2 forum with no problems. Im beginning to think this is a bug with moving a 1.4 forum.
(2008-11-12, 04:54 PM)peepo Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Ive reverted back to original, it makes no difference, also global templates are completely missing, on all 4 forums I move.
I find it hard to believe that this is a problem with my db back up because I moved 1.2 forum with no problems. Im beginning to think this is a bug with moving a 1.4 forum.

I've moved a few 1.4 forums and there were no problems.
Well Ive moved 4 and all problem, so at the moment we're even Toungue
Try redownloading your backups. Seems like phpMyAdmin is inserting something strange into your backup.
I cant back-up again unfortunately as the hosting account has been closed & the sites removed.
Does anyone maybe the developers of this forum software have any database knowledge & could maybe give some insight into why the global templates would dissappear?
When I look at global templates I get this 'Global Templates
There are currently no global templates.'

Its the same with every theme, Its a template issue I think. How can I reinstall global templates? This would fix it I think.
How about if I get text files of each template & put them in manually? I will try anything because this is lots of data & customers work that will be lost if the problem cant be rectified Sad
OK this is weird. I just opened up the templates on a fresh forum install I did yesterday in order to copy the gloabal template text over to the other forum to test if I could manually put templates in & guess what? Fresh forum install is stating 'no global templates'
I think there is something simple Im missing here now Sad
By default there are no global templates. Global templates are only used by modifications and plugins.
okie, well in a desperate attempt to get the log in box back I exported all the template tables from a new database, dropped the template tables in the problem forum & replaced them with the new one. And still the log in box is nowhere to be seen Sad
Pages: 1 2