MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.2.1.2 >>> 1.4 upgrade issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi all!

I have a problem upgrading to 1.4
this is the second time I try the upgrade ( I reupload the 1.2.1.2 files and stratr again) but it show me the same error:

Quote:Integer Conversion Project

MyBB is now currently converting a section of data to the new format, this may take a while.

Fatal error: [SQL] [1034] 137 when fixing table
ALTER TABLE mybb_posts MODIFY includesig int(1) NOT NULL default '0', MODIFY smilieoff int(1) NOT NULL default '0' in /home/vidasdep/public_html/forov/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 550

Fatal error: [SQL] [2006] MySQL server has gone away
SELECT title,cache FROM mybb_datacache WHERE title='plugins' in /home/vidasdep/public_html/forov/inc/db_mysqli.php on line 550

My forum is not working for more than 10 days and I dunno how to resolve it.

I try to find the answer in he forum and wiki but nothing, so sorry if this was solved

thanks for your help
I'd revert to a backup of your 1.2.12 first before anything so your forum is back up and running.

Second, take a copy of your forum (including database) and set it up in a test directory, THEN process the upgrade. You should never really "upgrade" a live board...

Doing it this way will let you see if you have any errors in the process. Did you follow the upgrade procedures in the Wiki? [Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

One of my friends had this error - it was due to him not having mySQLi, as he picked the wrong extension...
the 2 times I try to upgrade I followed all the upgrade procedures in the Wiki and make the backups

I make a copy of my forum and try to upgrade it but i have the same error

thanks for your help Tom
What was the exact step-by-step process you took??
-shut down my forum
-deactivate all plugins
- backup database
- save config and setting files in my pc to reupload later
- upload the new mybb files
- reupload my config and settings files
- CHMOD the necesary folders
- and run de upgrade
Hmm, that looks ok to me. Two things to check: make sure you choose the correct version on the upgrade script (1.2.12) and also check what Tom said about your MySQL extesntion - this can be checked in ./inc/config.php IIRC.

And I also recommend upgrading a test forum first to get a feel for what you have to do.
Try repairing the table (do it multiple times if necessary). You can do this either by using the repair option in phpMyAdmin or running this SQL:
REPAIR TABLE mybb_posts

If that doesn't work, please contact your webhost to repair it for you.
I contact to my host and they repair the table
try to upgrade again ( choosing the correct version as allways) but i have the same error

it´s anything more i can do?

thanks for your help
I recently ran into a similar problem with my old host siteground.com (They have unstable services and terrible support...)

I eventually ended up having to move to a completely new host because they were unwilling to take any action on their part to fix their issues. The best you can do is continue to talk to your host about the issue and get them to try and fix their problems. If not, then there really isn't much else you can do but switch to a more competent host.

Ryan
My forum is also hosted in siteground.com
i want to move to another host because they make me upgrade to a dedicated server because they say my forum uses so much CPU time ( my forum is not so big )

Can you recommend me another hosting service? maybe they have transfer service, Now I pay a month in hostdepartment.com and i´m trying to move the forum but i having some problems with that hosting too
Pages: 1 2