MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quote with Reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When you push reply it gives you an automatic quote in it.
How do you stop that, so when they click reply it just comes
up so you can reply but with no quote on the inside.
(2008-11-12, 04:51 AM)Thatonemom Wrote: [ -> ]When you push reply it gives you an automatic quote in it.
How do you stop that, so when they click reply it just comes
up so you can reply but with no quote on the inside.

Thats what that is desiged to do. If your adding JUST a response to a thread then you normally just either use quick reply or add/new reply button. Smile
... has this not been explained before?...

If you press the [Image: postbit_quote.gif] button, it's known as a "reply with a quote" button - and will open with a quote of that post.

If you press the [Image: newreply.gif] button, it creates a blank new reply.

If you want to change it, you can just change the link in the templates for the image.
(2008-11-12, 09:06 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]... has this not been explained before?...

Many, many times Sad

Somewhere around here Dennis posted an image saying 'Quote' instead of 'Reply' which you might understand better. I think he said it was phased out when quick reply was introduced so try looking in the 1.1.x downloads, might be in there.
(2008-11-12, 10:29 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Somewhere around here Dennis posted an image saying 'Quote' instead of 'Reply' which you might understand better.

Ta-da... the power of search...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11536]

Just replace "postbit_quote.gif" with the one above if it's easier...
Where do I change that at?

And thanks I know how search works =] Just cannot find anything. I know it's out there. But when I look and I'm in a rush
and have other things to do, and don't have 20 minutes to search, I just ask a quick question.

But I am making this site for people that are more used to msn groups.
Msn groups is a basic forum, nothing like the forums that are out now.
Except it's closing down. It has a reply to every post. That's probably why
people that HAVEN'T been here DON'T KNOW what the "Quote with Reply" means
they just think it's another REPLY to a certain post. =]
Just right-click on the image, and save it to your PC. Then, upload it into your forum's image directory and overwrite the current postbit_quote.gif file...
(2008-11-12, 03:19 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Just right-click on the image, and save it to your PC. Then, upload it into your forum's image directory and overwrite the current postbit_quote.gif file...

Yeah I know how to save a picture....but I looked through all the files
and didn't see one postbit_quote...I know there is one...but I cannot find it. What is it under?

Forums/images/? like what?
It's in ./images/english/postbit_quote.gif with the other images...
Well some people don't know that when they don't know the forums =] Thanks. It's not like i'm retarded. I just don't know these forums. They have a totally different layout then what I am used to. Even in the Cpanel it is still totally different. Sorry that I may have some questions and the simple things seem different to me and I gotta ask questions. But that's the point of asking questions....to learn. When you learn something simple, you learn the simple building blocks, and then you can learn more and more. I am sure when you first started learning stuff you didn't know EVERYTHING, even the simple stuff seemed difficult.

But thanks again for the help. It looks much better that way. More easy for my members.
Pages: 1 2