MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] phpBB 3 to MyBB loginconvert.php problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a phpbb 3 forum and want to convert it to MyBB. I am running a few test conversions and having some issues.

If I convert from phpbb 3 to MyBB 1.2.x it works fine and users can login with the loginconvert.php plugin enabled.

If I convert direct from phpbb 3 to MyBB 1.4.x, users can't login whether the plugin is enabled or not. Also, when I convert from phpbb 3 to MyBB 1.2.x, and then upgrade to MyBB 1.4.x (and use the new loginconvert.php plugin, of course Wink), users can't login either.

Is there an issue with this plugin for 1.4.x versions, or is there a way to work around this?? There's no point in upgrading if I have to use an old version, or if I use the new version but every single user has to request a new password.

Thanks Smile
To update this issue - I have Joomla CMS and it only interfaces with MyBB 1.4.x (with JFusion) properly, not MyBB1.2.x.

I really need this to work ASAP, I hope there is solution.
We're aware of this and it will be fixed in the next Snapshot.
This issue has been updated to confirmed bug report in the MyBB Merge System.

It has been moved to the "Bug Reports" forum.
This bug has been fixed in the latest version of the MyBB Merge System.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update for the MyBB Merge System will be released which contains this fix.

With regards,
The MyBB Group
Thanks Ryan Smile

If I could be a bother, is there an estimated release date for the new snapshot?
(2008-11-13, 12:34 AM)Teoman Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Ryan Smile

If I could be a bother, is there an estimated release date for the new snapshot?

I will try to push it out within the next few hours
Wow, thanks a lot!
Alright, the new snapshot is up
I feel even more justified in my choice to switch to MyBB now, great stuff Ryan Cool