MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem posting as a guest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
Well, I found another bug (I think - hope this is solvable).
I have a forum that everybody can post on (even banded). On this forum, if you are a guest, you have to use Capcha (at least some measure of security...). I found that (as a guest) If you write a replay and click on the post, the Captcha area disappears and you see the rotating "please wait" circle. You can press on the "Preview Post" button (while the circle is visible "on top" of the post) and you will see a preview and the quick replay changes into a full editor (with the Captcha). If you enter a wrong text (Captcha), you get an message box saying that there is a error in the typing (with the full editor the error is a part of the forum). It seems that the refresh button (in the quick replay editor) sometimes stops working (mostly after returning from the error message box).
Please try to help me. I really need this type of forum.

thanks,
Ori...
Do you have a link to your forum so we can test this out?

What version is your forum? Do you have any plugins installed?...
(2008-11-12, 09:22 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a link to your forum so we can test this out?

Here it is: Forum Index Page
Here is the link to the open forum itself: Direct to Feedback Forum
Please note that this forum is in HEBREW (no change to English is possible do to the large amount of changes I had to do to the theme to work in a RTL environment). At this forum you can open threads and reply to ones - your choice (its fully opened).

(2008-11-12, 09:22 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]What version is your forum? Do you have any plugins installed?...

My version is 1.4.3
I do have plugins. More then 20 for that matter. No one of them should change the quick reply editor - the two(2) that do change ("reCAPTCH" and "Advanced Quick Reply Form" are disabled and uninstalled).

Thanks,
Ori...
Mmm, it just hangs, even after a refresh the post isn't there... usually when quick reply hangs, it's there after a refresh.
(2008-11-12, 10:22 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Mmm, it just hangs, even after a refresh the post isn't there... usually when quick reply hangs, it's there after a refresh.

Thanks... this is exactly what I see. I thought I explained it as good as I can, but if not - sorry. Do you think that a plugin causes this?

Do you want an admin user? If you do, please signup and tell me whats the user name. I'll "upgrade" it to admin. note that the AdminCP is in English (and most of the plugins names)

Ori...
I'm actually thinking that this quick reply thing is (in part) a skin issue you know... from all the tests I've done, (and there's plenty), it works perfectly on a fresh install, and on my forum which has a modified default skin.

Can you check Ori (considering I was literally just pressing buttons on your forum Toungue) that the default theme works?... just a thought...
ok... I tried it again with a user and it does the same problem (without the use of captcha as this is not a guest). This did work in 1.4.2 just fine. The only change I made (except for the upgrade to 1.4.3) was the installation of the "Advanced Quick Reply Form" - but, first thing I did, was to disable and uninstall it. Can It cause this even now?

Ori...
(2008-11-12, 11:04 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Can you check Ori (considering I was literally just pressing buttons on your forum Toungue) that the default theme works?... just a thought...

I changed the theme to default (it doesn't look very nice, but...). no help. It does the same.
You can test it yourself - I'll leave the default theme for now.

Ori...
(2008-11-12, 11:08 AM)okitai Wrote: [ -> ]ok... I tried it again with a user and it does the same problem (without the use of captcha as this is not a guest). This did work in 1.4.2 just fine. The only change I made (except for the upgrade to 1.4.3) was the installation of the "Advanced Quick Reply Form" - but, first thing I did, was to disable and uninstall it. Can It cause this even now?

Ori...

It might have changed something that it doesn't "undo" when you disable it. I know a few people who are having the QR problem use this plugin...

Can you make a test account so we can login?...
I have one (I think I posted it username and pass a some time ago).

Username: tempuser
passwd: 12345

Note that it is ONLY a registered user - again if you want an admin, sign in and tell me the username (no passwords, please).

Ori...
Hmm, it hangs when registered too, and a refresh doesn't show the post either, the text is just in the message box again. But, even when I preview and click post, it doesn't post...

EDIT: Can you remove moderation please?? I have a feeling that might have something to do with it.
Pages: 1 2