MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subforum Bulb 0.6 [UNMAINTAINED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I don't get what I am looking at.

Is it the image?

Cause that is all I can see in the image.
Sorry, I have trouble parsing your question. Can you describe your question/problem in more detail?

The purpose of this plugin is explained in the first posting of this thread.
I installed the Subforum Bulb on my installation, however it didn't go smoothly since I use SQLite. So, rather than demand a fix, I fixed it myself. Cool

The resulting file is actually smaller than the original (!), and it should still work flawlessly on a MySQL installation. (Actually, the original "shouldn't" work on MySQL, if the tables are created the same as they are for SQLite; I fixed some constraint violations in the queries.)

If you get nasty-looking errors when you try to activate the plugin, or if you want to try this patch, grab the .php file from this message. Place it in your inc/plugins directory. (It only replaces the one file in inc/plugins, this is NOT enough to install the plugin; you need the images from the download in the first post!) If you would like to see my changes, grab the .diff from this message. (Unified format.)

Of course, if you try it out, both frostschutz (I assume) and I would be quite interested in your feedback. It would be useful to know: 1) your MyBB version; 2) which database you use; 3) whether this is a new or existing/previous install of Subforum Bulb; 4) whether it worked (if not, an error message would probably be useful). I'd personally be most interested in verifying that my changes work on 1.4.4 with a fresh install of the plugin on a MySQL database.

For those interested in a changelog of my changes:

* Fixed constraint violations. (Adding NULLs to columns which are auto-incrementing.)
* Fixed SQL queries to be more robust. num_rows() always returns 1 with PDO (SQLite), and my previous experience is that it's inconsistent on MySQL, as well. It now uses a SQL query to find how many rows before starting (I believe that the PDO docs now recommend this approach).

Possible outstanding bugs I noticed:

* I believe that if there's multiple rows in the settingsgroup table for subforumbulb for whatever reason, the original code will use the first row found and mine will use the last. It would probably be better for the plugin to say "WTF, fix this before I start!" or something. Considering that there's two settings, I'm not terribly concerned that people may need to reconfigure the plugin.
Moved to Discussion & Support by request.
Interesting.. I'll have a further look at it.
very good, Thankyou
Pages: 1 2 3