MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [POLL] Have you successfully moved a 1.4 forum to a new server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2008-11-12, 10:26 PM)BMR777 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it's real easy. In fact, I started with a MyBB 1.2 forum on one server and ended up with the same forum running MyBB 1.4 on a new server, doing an upgrade and a move at the same time. Smile

Bit of multitasking going on there Toungue
^ Yeah, part of a server move, figured I'd get the upgrade over with as well.
No.

But I haven't had to move between servers Toungue.
(2008-11-12, 10:26 PM)BMR777 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it's real easy. In fact, I started with a MyBB 1.2 forum on one server and ended up with the same forum running MyBB 1.4 on a new server, doing an upgrade and a move at the same time. Smile
I had even run phpBB on three hosts using the same database Big Grin

BTW, in what file is the database information stored?
yes its the same as doing mybb 1.2 u just move over the files and then the database ?

you dont even need to change any of the files if you keep the database and passwords the same ?
(2008-11-13, 08:24 AM)nayare Wrote: [ -> ]BTW, in what file is the database information stored?

./inc/config.php

(2008-11-13, 08:38 AM)Tazfan Wrote: [ -> ]you dont even need to change any of the files if you keep the database and passwords the same ?

As long as you change the board URL and cookie settings if needed in the ACP before the move, and the database information is exactly the same, then no, you shouldn't need to edit any files.
I never had so many replies to one of my threads Smile
Yes, done myBB server moves numerous times. Pretty easy if you have the needed files and SQL dump. Smile
No, I haven't really had to. For the most part if I do have to change its just a fresh install then recreation of the forum or I just copy the forum lists from the .sql file.
I've done it twice with 1.4 forums with no problems
Pages: 1 2 3