MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mail Settings *SMTP* Windows VISTA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1.4.3 the newest software
-----------
Mail handler
The medium through which MyBB will send outgoing emails.

SMTP-mail ( my settings )
-------------------
SMTP hostname
The hostname of the SMTP server through which mail should be sent.
Only required if SMTP Mail is selected as the Mail Handler.

???????? <----- ( what do i put there )
----------------------------
SMTP port
The port number of the SMTP server through which mail should be sent.

25 ( my settings )
---------------------
SMTP Encryption Mode
Select the encryption required to communicate with the SMTP server.

??????? ( what type of encryption )
-------------------

user name smtp | password smtp ( SMTP are correct )
---------------
so any help would be nice on the part of where the ??????? are.
You need to ask your webhost for the details. It depends on your mail server.
i have all the information from my smtp provider but host is not there and nethier is encryption, on mybb its there as a option but not in my provider information Undecided
You can try "localhost" for the host, and no encryption. If that doesn't work, you will have to ask your webhost since I have no way of telling you what they are.
i figured it out but thanks for trying to help

i did try localhost * thats for php-mail i think *
im using smtp-mail so its different on windows servers

for hostname = its the ending of my provider smtp email so it was like
name.net with out the @ in front of it

this seems to work now when registering on mybb forum Big Grin

now 1 last problem nobody can send a email threw the contact us part this is another problem im getting ... any ideas on this ?
(2008-11-13, 05:25 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]now 1 last problem nobody can send a email threw the contact us part this is another problem im getting ... any ideas on this ?

If you have it set up like a mailto: link (like at the bottom of this forum) your forum users will need to use their own email client (Outlook, Eudora, Thunderbird, etc) to send the mail. If you have some other script like a contact form, then you'll need to consult the author of that plugin/modification.
do you mind if i post mybb forum in here so you can have a look what i mean when you press on *CONTACT US*

maybe threw private message im not sure where to show you .... the only mod i did to the default template was change the circles to folders as icons when viewing the forum
Yeah a link'll be good Smile
It's as DennisTT says, the "Contact Us" is defaultly setup to be a mailto: link. Take a look at the bottom of this forum and it's Contact Us link.

You could always change it so that it redirects to a different part of your site (a particular thread, a different page?)... or is there an underlying problem that prevents people from emailing it?
I recommend labrocca's contact form plugin. Make a nice form with name, email address, topic and a message box that is part of the forum. See here. You can get it from that site but have to be a paid subscriber to get it ($5 per year).
Pages: 1 2