MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Double number for each of the groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just did a first time install for the latest version yesterday. Everything went smoothly.

But in looking at the list of groups, there is TWO of everything. I've seen that in a couple of different places whether looking to put someone in a group, or looking at forum permissions.

Is it a mistake I made in installing it maybe?
So there's 2 of each group?? Did this just happen itself?? Do they all have the little green box next to them or do some have a grey symbol??
Strange... did the installer "hang" at any point?

If they have a grey cog next to duplicated group, then you can remove them from the ACP. If not, you need to remove them from the database. By default, there are groups from 1-7... you can delete any that are extra (or ones that you haven't added yourself)...
(2008-11-13, 09:23 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Strange... did the installer "hang" at any point?

If they have a grey cog next to duplicated group, then you can't remove them from the ACP. You need to remove them from the database. By default, there are groups from 1-7... you can delete any that are extra (or ones that you haven't added yourself)...

I thought the grey cog meant they were additional and can be removed??

EDIT: Yeah that's right... have you been eating again?? Toungue
(2008-11-13, 09:28 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]... have you been eating again?? Toungue

Those damn Jelly Tots get me everytime... Dodgy

Changed Shy
(2008-11-13, 10:19 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-13, 09:28 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]... have you been eating again?? Toungue

Those damn Jelly Tots get me everytime... Dodgy

Haha Toungue

If they do all have the green square (meaning they're default), the only option is to jump into the database and manually remove them... I don't think it would matter which of the two went, did it?? Assuming the gid's were the same...
Yeah, I think my wifi had a hiccup when I was installing and it may have had to refresh during that portion of the install. So that's most likely my issue. I'll go see if I can delete those extras. So it would be 8-14, right?
If the gid is 8-14 then yeah, those, but if there's 2 with the same gid (i.e. 2 with gid 1, 2 with gid 2 etc etc) then it might not be as easy.
Got em. Had to go into phpmyadmin to get them out of there. Was about to ask which table or whatever to look in, but then realized after clicking usergroups I was only looking in the structure and not the browse tab. They were all in there, so I deleted the 2nd batch of them.

Thanks for the help.
Good to hear Smile