MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wamp5 Server Working Great With MYBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Heart wamp5 is a 3rd party software im using with Vista on a dual core and it runs good with MYBB Heart

Wamp5 Is A Windows Server
------
[Image: image_menu_wamp.gif]

thats what it looks like in windows once you got it running

its a small Webserver that includes everything to run MYBB inside it

it includes the following:

Apache 2.2.8
PHP 5.2.6 + PECL
SQLitemanager
MySQL 5.0.51b
Phpmyadmin

size: 20Mo
----------------------
All you need to do is make a database for MYBB password protect it with PHPMYADMIN

then dump all files of MYBB into the WWW folder basically thats it
-----------------------
hope it can help those who are looking for something to try out so they can run a MYBB FORUM inside a Windows Platform
----------------------
its use at your own risk the Wamp5 Windows Server
----------------------
I been using Wamp5 for over 3 years now, never had much difficulty running forums like this Exclamation

windows xp, windows xp pro,
windows 2003, windows vista
I started using this recently to host my test forum and it's brilliant. Comes with everything you need and it's so easy to set up, and that menu gives you quick access you everything you need. 10/10.
XAMPP is nice too, I'm currently working with it and I'm very satisfied.
I love WAMP. It works perfectly. Smile
yah i use wamp5 for testing to and never have i had any complaints yet

Ive tried Xamp but since Ive been working with Wamp5 since 1.7.1 sorta got used to it Smile

I think it takes less then 4 minutes to get a test up and running on the net with wamp5 Smile
I too use it for testing. Can you use it to run a server with?
I don't think so, but even if you could, wouldn't be recommended.
Big Grin WAMP5 is Safe if you make it safe like everything else Big Grin

I recommend if you use Wamp5 as a Production Server
and have sensitive info, then you have to write the scripts that prevent injections Toungue

Like everything there is safe ways on using things, but you better make sure to secure Wamp5 better to prevent the unknown ..........

ID say 2 things to do before using Wamp5 Live

1.First If you want to start to Secure ur MYBB folder is to change the ADMIN folder name to another name ( most hackers go at the admin folder )

2.Installing this mod you will have much more security for Wamp5 Server

Lamer Saver Toungue MOD MYBB

Injection Scanner is a PHP-based script that parses the query strings in a URL. By comparing the query string to known injection and remote execution exploits, it can effectively secure a webpage from being exploited. When an exploit is detected, the script halts all PHP processing, logs the pertinent data into a database, and informs the visitor of the detection. IPs associated with bad queries can be banned from any page in which the script is included.

http://mods.mybboard.net/view/lamer-savar

Remember like everything no matter how many nuts and bolts you have on your DOOR to prevent thieves from robing you, if they want no matter how Secure your house is

* IF they want they can always find away no matter what we do to STOP them *

So always make sure that apache module or php Register_Globals is disabled Big Grin
Uniform server is what i use, 100% portable. Haven't tried Wamp5 yet though.
I wouldn't recommend using WampServer5 as a server - at allConfused It's unstable, no matter what.
Pages: 1 2 3