MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ??? user to user *email* or *message* ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok i have seen this in other threads on this forum but nothing has been done for it to work

most other forums the smtp server will send emails to 1 another and a user can send a user a message or a user can contact a user FOR FREE ON ALL FORUMS !

Why is it not free here @ MYBB ????

why should I or US users have to pay 5$ to have a mod for it so it can work on our forums, when someone here can easily intergrate this into the MYBB setup file in the next FIX or To do LIST ....

Im not getting the point why we users have to pay for a mod that should be included in the FREE FORUM SOFTWARE Huh

What is the purpose of having FREE FORUM if we cant message 1 another threw the forum in MYBB ?????

-------------
now im maybe coming on strong with this but i would just like to clarify this and i dont see the point having to have a FREE FORUM if we cant send users on the forum messages threw buddy lists and so forth ...

I can name you a 10 FREE forums that you can do this for free and ive ran many FREE forums out there .
-------------

I just would like to know why hasnt it been included for free if you dont mind answering ?
Dont get me wrong this is a really nice Free Forum and the reason i chose it over the rest for now is cause its nice and bright and it has colourful borders and its easy to SCROLL threw the forum on the average eye Angel
Quote:??? user to user *email* or *message* ???
If you look at the profile of a member you can find several ways to contact him (PM, E-Mail, IM). Or do you mean something else?
well when i looked throughout the forum on different threads i noticed before setting up this thread that in order to contact people no matter what way in the forum it wont work .

for example i went to see a member on my forum and when i clicked on the member profile i sent a EMAIL and then sent a PM but none went threw ...

then i also checked marked to be subscribed to the forum thread if any replies and this seems to work and registration seems to work now to, so there's a few things that don't work and why is the question when in the email settings everything is setup and i haven't even used any modifications yet so earthier its a known issue in the software and if i want it fixed i need to pay 5$ what i read in another issue i had been getting ... why do I need to pay 5$ for this fix is why im asking ?

shouldn't it be included into the software or is there something im missing somewhere
Who said that you need to pay 5$? So your problem is that you don't get some emails? Did you check the mail logs in your Admin-CP? Did you get an error message?
(2008-11-14, 01:05 AM)Michael83 Wrote: [ -> ]Who said that you need to pay 5$? So your problem is that you don't get some emails? Did you check the mail logs in your Admin-CP? Did you get an error message?

Matt_ recommended to me in another thread
I recommend labrocca's contact form plugin. Make a nice form with name, email address, topic and a message box that is part of the forum. See here.* i got to sign up*
You can get it from that site but have to be a paid subscriber to get it
($5 per year).
-----------------
this is why im wondering do i have to pay this mod or is there something wrong
---------------
to answer your question i will go into email log and post what i get in there , hopefully this will help us all out and ill be a happy camper Smile
Close WindowUser Email Log Viewer
Error
The mail server does not understand the MAIL FROM command
SMTP Code: 501
SMTP Server Response: 501
--------------------

Huh
It seems to be the same as mentioned in this bug report. There's no fix for this atm. Is it possible for you to switch to the php mail() function until a solution is found?
(2008-11-14, 01:39 AM)Michael83 Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to be the same as mentioned in this bug report. There's no fix for this atm. Is it possible for you to switch to the php mail() function until a solution is found?

right but it also doesnt go threw when sending a message threw the board NOT just email Dodgy
(2008-11-14, 01:12 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]Matt_ recommended to me in another thread
I recommend labrocca's contact form plugin. Make a nice form with name, email address, topic and a message box that is part of the forum. See here.* i got to sign up*
You can get it from that site but have to be a paid subscriber to get it
($5 per year).

If I understand you correctly, you are having SMTP problems. That plugin does NOT fix your SMTP problems. It adds an additional page on your forum for your users to contact you using a form.

Unfortunately with SMTP problems it is difficult to tell whether it is a server issue or other issue.

You can try this: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-403...#pid271438 and post your smtplog.txt here.
this is what works as of smtp and board interaction

private messages users to users is working
registration is working
password loss is working
the only thing that is not working is *CONTACT US*

i just wanted to say thank you all for your volunteer HELP.