MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My first impression of Mybb...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-719...l#pid43952

Lol...that was my second post here over 2 1/2 years ago. I think it's very telling and well...Mybb has not disappointed me.

For those considering the same switch I have made don't fear it...embrace it.

btw...I sold that site mentioned there for a tidy sum. It was unfortunately converted to VB by new owner. Oh well.
Dang. That was quite some time ago.. Toungue
MyBB FTW!
Wow, well I'm glad you stayed with MyBB. You are one of the non staff members that made it what it is today.Wink
I remember back when you still had Democracy Forums!

Speaking of a while back... I've been here for 3 years already. It doesn't seem that long...
Yeah my very first Mybb site was a huge hit. HF is now big too for me. It's the most active forum I have ever owned. I hope to look back in 2 1/2 more years at this post.

One of the things about me is that I can stay around for years and years. I have a terribly short attention spam but somehow I manage to stay active on forums forever. At least until I stop enjoying it or making money. Sorry but I have to justify my time spent with some income.
(2006-03-02, 10:55 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]SMF looks terrible imho...

Smile
I wasted ~two hours with SMF once and never touched it again.
You know MyBB deserves to have many more users, and let's hope for a great 2009.
First version of MyBB I was using was 1.0 RC4, which was used on a open source c++ project I was working on back in 2003-2006, which is unfortunatly dead now.
Quote:I know how to code and mod a bit...
A bit? lol Big Grin
Well...I actually have learned a great deal these past couple years as I have devoted more time to coding. Also the excellent standards of mybb helps immensely. It's not sloppy code by any means.
Doesn't crowdgather own democracy forums now? I used SMF before MyBB and hated it so much I considered getting out of the forum business then twistedweather told me about MyBB on The Weather Channel forums (which was powered by some other crappy softpop software or somem like that)...now I love my MyBB so much, I sleep with it at night!
Pages: 1 2