MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Getting started, what do you experienced BB'ers recommend?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I am finally getting started with developing my BB. I am a bit overwhelmed on how
customizable the BB is.

I am a newbie to setting up a forum, so I want to keep it fairly basic. In terms of the template, my main changes I want to make are a Logo for the main page and a common background (mainly color and possibly pattern) for all pages. I would appreciate it if someone can steer me in the right direction for accomplishing this. If someone can point out a tutorial or a link where I can go that will help me get started - I would appreciate itRolleyes.

Thanks
You could always try the MyBB Wiki which has a whole set of articles about customising you're MyBB. Hope that helps you get you're board started Smile.
(2008-11-14, 05:13 AM).Ghost Wrote: [ -> ]You could always try the MyBB Wiki which has a whole set of articles about customising you're MyBB. Hope that helps you get you're board started Smile.

Thanks Ghost. It seems to me the Logo is controlled by the Header settings. What about the background color settings of the pages? This should be a simple one, but thought it was a bit confusing when looking at all the areas.
(2008-11-14, 03:42 PM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-14, 05:13 AM).Ghost Wrote: [ -> ]You could always try the MyBB Wiki which has a whole set of articles about customising you're MyBB. Hope that helps you get you're board started Smile.

Thanks Ghost. It seems to me the Logo is controlled by the Header settings. What about the background color settings of the pages? This should be a simple one, but thought it was a bit confusing when looking at all the areas.

For that, you will need to dive into themes! You can download custom made ones, or you can create your own very easily!

Go into your Admin CP and go to "Themes". There you can select the theme you want to edit and then select "Edit CSS". I'd suggest going to background color options from each option and setting them (one at a time) to a bright color (I like to use bright red #FF0000) so you can see what it effects. Then, change it to a color you like!
(2008-11-14, 04:05 PM)lorddonk Wrote: [ -> ]Go into your Admin CP and go to "Themes". There you can select the theme you want to edit and then select "Edit CSS". I'd suggest going to background color options from each option and setting them (one at a time) to a bright color (I like to use bright red #FF0000) so you can see what it effects. Then, change it to a color you like!

Thanks LD, Big Grin. I think I am familiar with what you are saying. I will check it out.
I checked it out and still can't figure it out!

I went to Themes, then went into 'global.css'. Then I tried to add this color under the body tag: #006633. I saved it and it did not work, then I tried other similar tags and failed.

I also tried under 'edit theme properties' and did not find anything remotely close.

All I want to do is change the background color!....it shouldn't be this hard!!

Please advise -Thanks.