MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Notifications for Forum Moderators for a new thread...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if there's a setting somewhere that I've missed that will email an assigned moderator when a new topic/forum is posted, as opposed to only getting notifications when they subscribe to specific topics.

My organization is fairly small, so there are some people who will want to subscribe to entire categories as opposed to just individual threads.

What I'd love to see would be if by default a member can subscribe to an entire category, then unsubscribe to specific topics or categories.

I guess "more subscription options and levels" would be nice.

Am I missing something?
When viewing a forum (not the forum index) you should see the text "Subscribe to this forum" - get your members to click that if they wish to receive email notifications every time a thread is made in that forum. Note that they will have to do this for each forum they want notifications for.
And from there, if they're interested in a thread they can view the thread and click Subscribe as normal, if they don't have interest, they can just carry on their merry way.

Hope that helps. Smile
I only see subscribe option available for particular threads, not to a broader group (Category, Forum, Subforum). Sorry if my lingo is confusing, just getting started with all this.

Example:

Firm (Category)
---HR Departmet (Forum)
-----Dress code (Subforum)
-------What is allowed on Thursdays (Thread)
For example: The forum you posted in is MyBB 1.4 General Support ( http://community.mybboard.net/forum-81.html )
Where the threads start to be listed there is a dark blue bar (before the threads are listed really) and to the right there is a link that says subscribe to this forum.
Found it! That's helpful! Thanks!