MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A few problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. The time system for my forum seems to be screwed up. It shows 8 o clock when it's close to three for me.

2. There is an announcement page at my forum for announcements by the admins. Users and mods can view them and post in them. But when I created a test user, he doesn't seem to be able t view them. This message appears:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)

You are currently logged in with the username: 'Test'

3. A friend of mine made user bars for the various groups. I uploaded them to the images folder and copied them into the custom user group image field. It seems to work for admin, super mod and members. But nothing shows up for banned user, asst. admin and moderator.

4. I made a banner for the forum and uploaded it. It was too small. It occupied only a part of the area and the rest of it was all red. Naturally it didn't look good. So I increased the size of the banner till it fitted but the members are telling me that it still doesn't fit their screen.

Help would be much appreciated. Here is the link: www.blazedisland.vndv.com
1. ACP > Configuration > Date and Time Formats > Default Timezone Offset. Might have to go to UCP > Edit Options to change it for you.

2. ACP > Forums & Posts > **choose forum** > Permissions > **choose group** > Edit/Set Permissions > Can view forum? (tick) > Can view threads within forum? (tick) > make sure everything else here is how you want it.

3. So in ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > **choose group** > Group Image > the image path is correct??

4. Well, if it's a fixed image, if they have a different screen size, it won't fit for everyone Smile For example, the screen here is 1280px across, but that won't be the same for everybody. This is how it shows for me:

[attachment=11682]

The image is only 870px wide and with most screen these days that won't go that far across.
1. Is there any way to manually set the time because it shows 6 am in GMT.

2. http://uploads.screenshot-program.com/my...282847.png

Everything is correct and yet, [Image: upl3593724143.png]

3. Image path is correct. I triple checked it.

4. Anything I can do to remedy that?
1. That might require a SQL query to change everyone's timezone but I can't access PHPMyAdmin to work it out right now.

2. When there, click either Edit Permissions or Set Permissions and check in there.

3. Are these users that don't have the image in any additional groups??

4. Well, I think, with different screen sizes, it'll always be wrong for some people. Some people have really small screens so it'll be fine, some have huge and it won't.
EDIT:

Oops, posted in wrong thread lol.
1. Hm...

2. Alright. Fixed.

3. No.

4. Okay then.
1. Run this in PHPMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `timezone` = '0'

This will put everybody onto the same timezone, and as it's set to 0 (as opposed to + or - something) it should put everyone onto the timezone you set in the ACP earlier on. Make sure your table prefix is the same (here it's mybb_, yours is probably the same but just make sure). If that doesn't put everybody on the correct timezone we can play around with the number a bit.

2. Good Smile

3. Probably easier and quicker to PM me admin details instead of listing loads of things to try and I'll take a look.

4. There are ways to overcome it (see the new banner on www.mybbcentral.com, the actual image isn't the entire banner) but that isn't as easy as just putting an image there.