MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: found file to cuase problem posting with quick reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,
(this can be as a continuation to post: Problem posting as a guest by me, but I think it should be in a new thread)
As you know, there are a "few" posts (some on this forum and some on the bug report forum) that tell of a problem posting using the quick reply. I did get, some, help from all of you (and thank you all, again, for that) and I did tell you that I'll try to find what causes this (by, mostly, rebuilding my own forum). When I looked around here I found that most users claim that this problem started after upgrading to 1.4.3 . I then (before doing a full rebuild) tried to revert to 1.4.2 and found that the quick reply now works fine. I then started replacing each file (one by one) from the 1.4.3 version and check whether the quick reply problem returns - it took, about, an hour of cross checking.
What I found is that the cause of this is the 'function.php' file and only this file. I upgraded all the files to 1.4.3 and left this file as 1.4.2 and everything seems to work fine.
Oh, b.t.w., With the 'function.php file from 1.4.3, It seems that the message does go to its place (in my case - moderation) after posting a second post (either a new thread or a reply), but the function of prompting the user what action should now occur (moderation, ok or fault) doesn't get processed and the "Please Wait" circle (Ajax) just hangs on top of the forum (as I explained on the mentioned post).
another b.t.w., the "Advanced Quick Reply Form" plugin work just fine with the 'function.php' file from the 1.4.2 version.

Hope this helps,
Ori...
We've already identified the cause for this problem. A fix will be included in version 1.4.4.
ok, then way (oh, way) no one said anything when DennisTT, Mett_, Tom.M and others tried to help me? If only anyone had posted a message I wouldn't had to stay up most of the last two(2) days to try and get my forum up and running.
Please do note (as I said before) that try my best to help the Hebrew speakers (on the Israeli MyBB forum) who are installing/using this forum system. When I post a thread I usually post a message about the problem (or say that I'm looking for a solution if the question/problem cannot be found on my own forum).

Anyway... Thanks for the post,
Ori...
(2008-11-14, 11:48 AM)Michael83 Wrote: [ -> ]We've already identified the cause for this problem. A fix will be included in version 1.4.4.

Wouldn't it be worthwhile, considering the amount of people that are / could be effected by this problem, to post a fix or walkaround until 1.4.4 is released?

Keep an eye on the "Bug Reports" forum. A [R] next to the topic means that it's "resolved", but still waiting to be confirmed/fixed. Or, that's what common sense would dictate anyway Rolleyes
(2008-11-14, 12:22 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]A [R] next to the topic means that it's "resolved"

Incorrect. It means reproducible.
ok, a few things:
1. sorry for the spelling mistake at the start of the post - "way" should be "why".
2. Matt_: although this is not (as you say) a critical problem, I think this is a major problem. As you can understand, most of my replys are written using the quick reply. I believe that most users do the same.
3. DennisTT: thanks for correcting this. If "[R]" says "reproducible", then how do I (and others) know the problem/bug was solved?
4. Is there a place that I can see bugs in-work (and known ones)? I, again, remind you that (although I'm not an official member of the Hebrew support team) I do as much as I can to help Hebrew speakers do to that fact that (at least here, in Israel) the supporters of MyBB do work and as so, it takes a long time to reply to questions.

Ori...
That's quite a small thing Toungue Glad it's fixed though.
Thank you michael. This works like a charm.

Ori...
(2008-11-14, 10:49 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]That's quite a small thing

Ouch... hate it when there's just one tiny error... Sleepy
Pages: 1 2