MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, so I've downloaded the theme folder and I've imported the .xml file.

But the theme looks really weird.
It says in the Wiki to upload the images to the images folder, but how do I do that? Where is this images folder? Do I have to use the Admin CP to upload the images folder or something?

Thanks in advance.
You would need to use an FTP client.
Create a new folder in ./images/ and name it something similar to the theme name - it should say what to call it in the theme's readme.
(2008-11-14, 05:36 PM)Sakia Wrote: [ -> ]You would need to use an FTP client.

(2008-11-14, 06:45 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Create a new folder in ./images/ and name it something similar to the theme name - it should say what to call it in the theme's readme.

I'm not sure what you mean. I've imported the .xml file already, but the themes all come out weird, like missing images and stuff. It says I'm supposed to upload the images or something, so what do I do now?

Sorry, I'm really new to all this.

Edit: Here's an example of what I mean.

1. After downloading the Theme unpack it (with WinRAR or 7zip for example)
2. Go to the Admin Control Panel under Themes > Import
3. Search the MyBulletin XML File in the theme folder and click the Button "Import Theme"s (If your want to use the vertical postbit version, upload the MyBulletin_vertical_Postbit.xml file instead of the MyBulletin.xml file)
4. Upload the "images" folder to your forum home dictionary
5. You can replace the icons in the "Extra" folder with the default ones if you like them

What I don't understand is number 4.
Yes, as I said, you need to upload the images to your forum directory. What does the theme readme say the folder must be called??
Do you remember when you uploaded your forum files??
The XML import does NOT upload your images for you.
(2008-11-14, 07:52 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Do you remember when you uploaded your forum files??

I think this must be why I'm confused. I didn't upload the forum files myself, someone else did that for me. Will I need to get them to upload the images folder, or can I do that myself?
Well, do you have FTP access?? Go into it, find the /images/ folder, and create a new folder called 'mybulletin', and upload all the images here.
(2008-11-14, 07:54 PM)Houndoomed Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-14, 07:52 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Do you remember when you uploaded your forum files??

I think this must be why I'm confused. I didn't upload the forum files myself, someone else did that for me. Will I need to get them to upload the images folder, or can I do that myself?

You need FTP access from your webhost (you will need to ask your webhost your login information), and a FTP client (such as Filezilla or SmartFTP)
(2008-11-14, 07:56 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-14, 07:54 PM)Houndoomed Wrote: [ -> ]

You need FTP access from your webhost (you will need to ask your webhost your login information), and a FTP client (such as Filezilla or SmartFTP)

OK. I have an FTP client already. So do I just ask the person who hosted the forum for the login information? And does that mean the same login information that they used?
Pages: 1 2