MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Static Pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all.

I just installed MyBB and converted my SMF forum over to MyBB. The conversion went really well. The converter places some forums and stuff in the wrong place, but it wasnt too bad moving everything where it needed. The biggest issue was that it cut off many of the posts and left out many of the images posted in threads, but I was able to get that migrated over. This is more of a personal forum than anything so its mainly just my own traffic and posts so it wasnt a huge amount of work.

Thank you to all who work on this project and for the recent conversion to the GNU/GPL license.

Anyway, the one thing I liked about SMF was its tiny portal plugin that allowed the creation of static pages and so on. I liked the fact you first came to an 'index' page and then clicked on a link in the menu to enter the forums.

Is there anything like that available for MyBB?

MyBB seems to have strong influence from vBulletin and SMF and I can hardly wait to get everything put on line. I have my migration on my localhost test server but will be putting it up on the www soon. I am an Administrator for a few thousand member car enthusiast forum that uses vBulletin and I wish we had used MyBB instead I like it WAY better.

Okay, enough rambling. If I can get static pages and an index page, stuff like that I think everything will be perfect.
Thought I would bump this up and see if anyone had input on the static pages.
Well, I don't know if I got you right.
You can make one good startpage, I'd advice you to modify Portal template, that should work fine (Demo: http://www.zaiendo.de ).

If you want to create new pages check out the tutorial sections here at MyBBoard.net, it's quiet easy to make new pages for your MyBB, also with Login and more stuff Smile

Good luck!
THATS exactly what I want to do, the demo link you posted is perfect.

I looked through the tutorials but nothing jumped out at me, but I'll go back and go through them again, I probably overlooked something. Thanks for the reply.
For new pages you can look into this: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-6615.html Smile

If it helps:
My site uses a Php Redirection in main folder to the portal.php, to make it as startpage.
My Portal template looks like that (very simple, you could do much more):
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" border="0" align="center">
<tr><td valign="top" width="551">
    <h1 align="center">Welcome!</h1>
    <p>a lot of text<br>
    </p>
    <p>Last announcements:</p>
    {$announcements}
</td>
<td width="10">&nbsp;</td>
<td width="168" valign="top">
  {$welcome}

{$search}{$pms}
and so on Wink

Good luck and have fun with MyBB!
Thanks for that info LS 134. I'll give that a shot and see what I come up with.