MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internal Marketing to Mybb??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:102 users active in the past 15 minutes (18 members, 2 of whom are invisible, and 84 guests).

Isn´t a good Idea to change 'Users online in the last 15 minutes' in Board Index from Default 15" to 30 minutes - or even 60 minutes? Angel

The "anti-Hype" of more guests than registered users all the time can confuse some ppl about myBB, I think, wich is the best free Forum software right now in my opinion but not that popular yet...
Why so it makes your forum look a lot more active than it really is? I hate forums that do that. I don't see why you would have to falsely inflate the recently active members of your forum if it was a good forum.
You can change the time in ACP > Configuration > Who's Online > Cut-off Time (mins) if this is what you mean.

But I agree with NetSage... I saw a forum once that had it set to the last week...
I like to add a who's online today plugin. I believe that's a good alternative solution.
(2008-11-14, 09:46 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I like to add a who's online today plugin. I believe that's a good alternative solution.

yes this is a good solution.

by the way labrocca, i saw on your site http://www.webmasterforums.biz/ there is a forum with a login box, latest threads box,search box, etc.

How can you make this?
Do you use any mod? Where can i find it?
(2008-11-14, 10:03 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.mybbcentral.com/

thanks!
(2008-11-14, 09:05 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Why so it makes your forum look a lot more active than it really is? I hate forums that do that. I don't see why you would have to falsely inflate the recently active members of your forum if it was a good forum.

hmm, OK then.

(2008-11-14, 09:06 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]You can change the time in ACP > Configuration > Who's Online > Cut-off Time (mins) if this is what you mean.

But I agree with NetSage... I saw a forum once that had it set to the last week...

No, you missunderstood me, I´m not asking for help but giving a suggestion to Mybb Group

(2008-11-14, 09:46 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I like to add a who's online today plugin. I believe that's a good alternative solution.

Yes, this is a great idea Labrocca. Smile
(2008-11-15, 12:27 PM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-14, 09:06 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]You can change the time in ACP > Configuration > Who's Online > Cut-off Time (mins) if this is what you mean.

No, you missunderstood me, I´m not asking for help but giving a suggestion to Mybb Group

Ok then, but there will be no point in doing what you suggested what so ever really.