MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Registered members can not create new threads!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just got the message from one of my members of the group registered:
"I can not create new threads, it says permission error, I'm maybe not activated."

I just checked that, he is activated.
All members of the group "Registered" can not create new threads!
They can send PMs, reply to topics...
But can not create new threads.

I checked permission for all boards, I even created new boards- they all use standard permissions, registered may create new threads.
I checked group permissions- they may create new threads.

I have no idea what could be wrong, I deactivated almost all plugins which could be problematic now.
I did not modify MyBB Sourcecode.
Other groups like moderators, self made groups or admins can post correctly, permissions are working.

Forum: http://www.zaiendo.de/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=2
Testaccount: test password: testest
MyBB Version 1.4.3
Please help me! I don't get what could be wrong Sad
ACP > Forums & Posts > **choose forum** > Options > Permissions > **choose group** > Edit Permissions/Set Permissions > Check these permissions.
I did of course!
They are all set properly, they have the right to create threads.

I just recognized that also one of my self made groups can not create new threads although permission is set properly!

EDIT: It's correctly set in MySQL - mybb_usergroups has a 1 at the canpostthreads column for these groups.
Why do they get an error message?
uhm, i had the same problem, u have to adjust the global forum permissions for the entire usergroup........i think thats how i did it :p

and i'm sure Matt_ can tell ya how to get to there :p
Permissions are set correct, in Admin CP and in database.
That's why it's so strange to me.

I checked permissions for a) forums and b) the usergroups.
They are, as said, placed correctly.
they were for me too,
so i set all to NO,
remade them,
after that everything worked
Does not work for me sadly...
If you want to PM me admin details I'll have a look for you.
I sent you PM with admin account infos.
Hope you can find the mistace...
Well, I can't see what's wrong. The group permissions are all ticked, the forum permissions are all ticked, and it's all ticked in Edit/Set Permissions in the forum permissions. Everything is as it should be to allow them to make new threads, but they still can't. They're only in the registered group, no additional groups or anything. Anyone have any other ideas??
Pages: 1 2