MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I went into Forum Mgmt and it states - No forums found.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I been experimenting with developing my Forum. I added a forum and sub-forum and now it all of a sudden states that there are no forums under Forum Mgmt. It is possible I could have not saved the forums. However, even the default ones are gone.

I tried to recreate the forum but then get an error message that I need to select a 'parent forum', but there isn't one to select.

Please advise how I can get out of this rut.

Thanks.
If you've deleted the default ones, there won't be any unless you created others. Also the first one you create must be a Category (just tick the 'Category' box when you create it).
(2008-11-15, 05:42 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]If you've deleted the default ones, there won't be any unless you created others.

I may have deleted the default. What if I did? can I fix it? Thanks.
Well just create another one, the default ones are just examples.
(2008-11-15, 06:02 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Well just create another one, the default ones are just examples.

I tried but an error message came up stating I need to pick a Parent forum, but there are 'none' in the choices. what can I do now?
Yes, please read my first post in this thread. The first forum you create must be a category.
(2008-11-15, 06:15 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, please read my first post in this thread. The first forum you create must be a category.

Sorry, I got it done. Do you happen to know of any books on MyBB?
Books?? I very much doubt anyone has written a book on MyBB.
No, but there are tutorials you can use. Just use google.
(2008-11-15, 06:54 PM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-15, 06:15 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, please read my first post in this thread. The first forum you create must be a category.

Sorry, I got it done. Do you happen to know of any books on MyBB?

We also have a wiki: http://wiki.mybboard.net/