MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: installation internal error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just downloaded MyBB. When I visited the url of the forum directory it said:

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

How do I fix?

Thanks
You have to first properly install the site, go to: http://www.YOURSITE.com/install/
EDIT:

Quote:You have to first properly install the site, go to: http://www.YOURSITE.com/install/
Big Grin You got it!
(2008-11-15, 06:02 PM)GrimReaper Wrote: [ -> ]Did you activate it by the link sent to your email address?

What are you talking about?? Huh

As Sakia said, go to ./install/index.php

You'll need your database information to hand.
Nothing, I did mine differently.
(2008-11-15, 06:05 PM)GrimReaper Wrote: [ -> ]I got an activation link in my email that installed it correctly for me. what are you talking about?

and besides we were replying at the same time, he replied faster so his popped up first. Sad so sorry if that's not helping.

Maybe you used one of those MyBB Forum services then, that's my guess.

I assumed the poster got his own files host, and is doing it manually.
You got an email before you actually installed your forum?? I've never got an email at all.
That's what my host thing gave me. I didn't ask why, because I've never done it before that so I assumed everyone did that.

I would give you a link to mine and show what I did but some idiot reporting my site so it's closed due to suspicious activity. I hope they open it back up soon Sad
No because at that point, you haven't entered any email addresses. If you got an email telling you the installation was successful, it was a host thing.
(2008-11-15, 06:08 PM)GrimReaper Wrote: [ -> ]That's what my host thing gave me. I didn't ask why, because I've never done it before that so I assumed everyone did that.

From what I seen the MyBB Forum services have very limited resources, good for small communities.

Any big forum would require dedicating hosting, in which you'd probably have to deal with everything yourself. I'm sure that's what the poster is striving for.
Pages: 1 2