MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with eAccelerator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I use mybb 1.4, on the server I have Zend Optimier and eAccelerator.

I changed inc/config.php:

$config['cache_store'] = 'db';

to:

$config['cache_store'] = 'eaccelerator';

but it doesn't work - when I open board, I get blank page with information:

eAccelerator needs to be configured with PHP to use the eAccelerator cache support

But I hav'e enabled eaccelerator! Screen from phpinfo():

[Image: eacceluy7.th.png][Image: thpix.gif]

How can I fix this problem? I'ld like to use eaccel, files is better than db but eaccel is faster.

PS: On my local XAMP, it's working ok...
Your eaccelerator path is from root of server /eaccelerator

Are you sure that's right?

It's normally /tmp/eaccelerator

It uses a folder that's NOT in your host file. Is this a VPS or dedicated? If so then edit your php.ini and make it /tmp/eaccelerator. Then on your filesystem make sure that /tmp exists (and it should) then add the folder eaccelerator and chmod it 777. That should fix it. Make sure to restart apache.

btw...I had not changed my config.php till just now to reflect eaccelerator. OMG my sites blaze now.
It's right configuration - it was shared but very good hosting, after install eaccel, all script runing faster (for example - phpbb2 forum - generate time for ~0,12s to ~0,04s).
Scripts will run faster but there are special caching techniques employed to take full advantage.

In your screenshot it shows 0 for cached keys. That's I believe one of the cache's that this setting will use. So if you don't have cached keys there is a problem and it's probably why you get blank page. Speak to your host.

Also Optimizer is disabled..again might be part of the problem.
Labraccoa look http://74.63.91.160/info.php it's my VPS, eAccelerator sets ok but MyBB don't see his, why?

Another scripts working ok. Have you got any suggestion?
In mybb php files:
	function eacceleratorCacheHandler()
	{
		if(!function_exists("eaccelerator_get"))
		{
			die("eAccelerator needs to be configured with PHP to use the eAccelerator cache support");
		}
	}

so function eaccelerator_get doesn't exist... I wrote to hosting support with this information.