MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automatic Email when someone requests registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way for me to receive an email when:

(1) Someone tries to register on my forum? I have set the forum to require the Administrator to activate an account. It is easier for me to respond to an email than for me to look continually at my BB Dashboard.

(2) When someone posts a message? I have also set the forum to require my review before I let a message post. This may seem draconian, but I want to avoid spam and frivolous messages. So it would be great if I could get an email notice that I have a posting to review.
1. http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-1503.html

2. Will require a new plugin I think. You know that Akismet stops spam, yeah?? And what if your forum gets really active and you have 100 posts an hour, you'll get loads of emails.
Also there are limitations of emails send normally, take care of your hosts settings!
(2008-11-15, 10:58 PM)Doug Watkins Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way for me to receive an email when:

(1) Someone tries to register on my forum? I have set the forum to require the Administrator to activate an account. It is easier for me to respond to an email than for me to look continually at my BB Dashboard.

(2) When someone posts a message? I have also set the forum to require my review before I let a message post. This may seem draconian, but I want to avoid spam and frivolous messages. So it would be great if I could get an email notice that I have a posting to review.

You can download the plugin here: http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-1503.html but you will have to subscribe to the website, I believe it's $4.99 per year for the subscription. I too needed email notification but MyBB staff here seems to think it's unnecessary so I had to subscribe and get it from MyBB Central. It's more than worth the $5 in my humble opinion.

I have already given my opinion on the need for this feature but got shot down by MyBB staff so I'm not going to get into it again.Rolleyes
(2008-11-16, 03:58 AM)catfished Wrote: [ -> ]I have already given my opinion on the need for this feature but got shot down by MyBB staff so I'm not going to get into it again.Rolleyes

We can't cater to every single individuals' needs. We are a free forum software developed by volunteering individuals who set aside their limited time to help pioneer a path for users who would otherwise have to pay significantly more then a measly 5 bucks per year.

If MyBB isn't right for you, then there is nothing forcing you to stay with MyBB.
(2008-11-16, 03:58 AM)catfished Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-15, 10:58 PM)Doug Watkins Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way for me to receive an email when:

You can download the plugin here: http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-1503.html but you will have to subscribe to the website, I believe it's $4.99 per year for the subscription. I too needed email notification but MyBB staff here seems to think it's unnecessary so I had to subscribe and get it from MyBB Central. It's more than worth the $5 in my humble opinion.

I have already given my opinion on the need for this feature but got shot down by MyBB staff so I'm not going to get into it again.Rolleyes

Didn't I say that plugin was free??