MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Finally making progress with my forum, a few other questions though..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am finally making progress with developing my forumBig Grin. I decided to jot down on a piece of paper the forums and categories I want which is making it much smoother.

There is one annoyance, I encountered though, I went to change the background and color on global.css under Admin CP and when I saved it, the changes did not reflect.
The color code I am using is: #006633 (an army green). Perhaps someone can shed some light on this? My intent is to have all the pages the same background color. I am aware I am probably going to have to change the colors of other areas to accomplish this.

Also, I am wondering if there is a way to copy sub-forums and paste them on to a different forum? My forum is related to travel, so my sub-forums comprise of countries.

Thanks
I think it's a bug with MyBB. As a few nights ago, it would say the stylesheet was invalid. Try this: Change the background color again, except click "Save and Close". Is there an error?
(2008-11-16, 12:14 AM)dalton Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's a bug with MyBB. As a few nights ago, it would say the stylesheet was invalid. Try this: Change the background color again, except click "Save and Close". Is there an error?

I saved in that way, but did not get an error message - the changes just didn't take place. How do I get around this bug? or do I have to wait for a fix?

Also, do you know if I can copy/paste sub-forums into another Forum?

Thanks for your help, Dalton.
are you using simple mode or advanced mode when changing background ?

not sure if makes a difference but personally I use advanced
(2008-11-16, 01:39 AM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-11-16, 12:14 AM)dalton Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's a bug with MyBB. As a few nights ago, it would say the stylesheet was invalid. Try this: Change the background color again, except click "Save and Close". Is there an error?

I saved in that way, but did not get an error message - the changes just didn't take place. How do I get around this bug? or do I have to wait for a fix?

Also, do you know if I can copy/paste sub-forums into another Forum?

Thanks for your help, Dalton.
That's weird. No error, but it didn't change? You DID do the CSS code correctly? Like.. #030290 (except your color)
Try clearing your cache.. that's the only thing I could think of that's why it's doing that. (In Firefox-->Ctrl+Shift+Delete == In IE-->Tools->Internet Options->Delete and select delete all or the first box.
#063 would just as easily work... It might be a problem with the color, which I've encountered in another software (not the same color, though).